Engagement Team Director
You will be a creative, collaborative self-starter with a passion for leading teams and 10-15 years of experience with organizing and community engagement programs. You should believe in the power of grassroots organizing, as well as the integration of online and offline organizing. You should be excited to help campaigns, causes, and companies do big things.
You will be responsible for leading our team of 10-15 engagement strategists, as well as developing strategies for our clients. You have a growth mindset, believe in the value of coaching staff, and know how to motivate diverse team members based on their unique strengths.
This position will be based in Washington, D.C., and may require some travel. This position could be a Vice President or Senior Vice President, depending on the candidate’s years of experience. The salary range is $95k - $120k for a VP, who generally have 10-12 years of relevant experience, and $120k -$140k for an SVP, who generally have 13+ years of relevant experience and 10+ years of management experience. The position also includes a generous benefits package.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AS THE ENGAGEMENT TEAM DIRECTOR:
- Directly manage 4-7 staff and oversee a team of 10-15 people across two offices.
- Facilitate all hiring, onboarding, training, and professional development of our engagement team staff.
- Lead long-term planning for engagement team staffing, including maintaining a robust talent pipeline.
- Develop training and professional development plans and materials that keep engagement team staff at their best.
- Foster an intentionally inclusive, equitable and collaborative team culture.
- Help drive the vision for our public engagement services and ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of online and offline organizing strategies and tools.
- Lead teams of staff crafting strategies for individual client projects and ensuring that 270 Strategies delivers presidential level work to those clients.
- Manage or help manage the relationship with high-profile or complex clients.
- Determine and analyze key metrics for success in each client engagement.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES THAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING:
- Experience managing both individuals and teams, including experience with hiring, training, and coaching.
- 10-15 years of experience crafting and executing organizing strategy, including strong familiarity with digital organizing tactics.
- 8-10 years of experience managing people or teams.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate expectations clearly.
- Strong judgment and critical reasoning skills, with the ability to navigate new situations.
- A track record of working with diverse staff and external partners.
- Confidence and professionalism while engaging with contacts ranging from grassroots volunteers to high-level public officials.
- Enthusiasm for a team-based work environment.
- A sense of humor, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues.
- Experience with political campaigns.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references online. Please include the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
ABOUT OUR ENGAGEMENT TEAM:
Our Engagement Team is the anchor of our work for clients. The Engagement Team strategists project manage all of our client servicing. They bring their expertise in grassroots organizing and public engagement to design innovative, integrated, and digitally sophisticated strategies. They work closely with our Data Team to ensure that all strategies are data driven and have clear metrics for success.
ABOUT 270 STRATEGIES:
270 Strategies is a next-generation grassroots firm that is redefining how companies, causes, and organizations build winning campaigns and achieve big things.
Our company was born of the basic belief that grassroots campaigns can change the world. We named our firm “270” for the number of electoral votes required to win the presidency. Our team used grassroots and digital organizing to achieve our strategic goals on both historic Obama campaigns – and we help our clients do the same.
Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on marketing, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lesson learned after years of leading progressive organizations and working with over 300 clients to help our clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.