Development Coordinator - 2020 Project
Chicago, New York, or Washington, DC
270 Strategies is seeding the launch of a new independent training program geared toward the next major electoral cycle. The program will tentatively rollout in February 2019 with core programming kicking off in June 2019.
As the Development Coordinator, you will work hand-in-hand with and provide administrative and fundraising support to the Executive Director. You are detail- and task-oriented, drive impact through organization and flexibility, and creatively remove roadblocks along the way. You have 2-5 years of professional experience, have fundraising experience in electoral politics and a demonstrated commitment to serving young people and communities of color. You believe in the power of organizing and are excited to grow your impact and skills working on a fast-paced, start-up team.
The position will ideally be located in NYC, DC, or Chicago though remote locations will be considered. This is a temporary full-time position expected to start in January 2019 and end by March 2020, and will entail some weekend work and travel. The salary range is $47k-$60k for candidates with 2-5 years of relevant experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS THE DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
- Coordinate information flow, manage the ED’s calendar, draft and edit correspondences, prepare and distribute agendas, meeting materials and reports.
- Conduct development research, responds to donor requests for information, and tracks all donor communication, support in writing donor reports and commitment using several applications and databases.
- Provides logistical support for large and small online and in-person meetings, convenings, and events including working with caterers, reserving facilities, setting up meetings, distributing invitations, managing contact lists, developing speaker and attendee profiles, and managing registration and other on-site logistical activities.
- Conduct other duties and special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 2-5 years of professional experience, ideally with 1-2 years of direct donor and/or electoral politics experience.
- High degree of organization and ability to fluidly navigate multiple technology platforms and applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and strong listening and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines is required
- Strong judgment and critical reasoning skills, with the ability to navigate new situations while maintaining exceptional customer service.
- A track record of working with diverse staff and external partners.
- Confidence and professionalism while engaging with contacts ranging from grassroots volunteers to high-level public officials.
- Enthusiasm for a team-based work environment.
- A sense of humor, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues.
- Experience using Salesforce or equivalent CRM platform.
- Experience with nonprofit and/or start-up organization.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references. Please include the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
ABOUT 270 STRATEGIES
270 Strategies is a next-generation grassroots firm that is redefining how companies, causes, and organizations build winning campaigns and achieve big things.
Our company was born of the basic belief that grassroots campaigns can change the world. We named our firm “270” for the number of electoral votes required to win the presidency. Our team used grassroots and digital organizing to achieve our strategic goals on both historic Obama campaigns – and we help our clients do the same.
Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on marketing, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lesson learned after years of leading progressive organizations and working with over 300 clients to help our clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.