270 Strategies is hiring a Marketing Associate to help tell the story of our company to changemakers and potential partners in the U.S. and around the world. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter and excellent writer looking for a foothold position in the field of public affairs where s/he/they can learn the trade, develop critical media outreach skills, and help a dynamic team of progressives expand its reach.
The Marketing Associate will identify and cultivate thought leadership opportunities for our team of experts, produce marketing materials such as case studies of our work, and serve as the primary point person for our online assets including website, social media, and email. The Marketing Associate will also work with our Leadership Team to manage incoming press inquiries, draft press releases and other media outreach materials, pitch stories to news outlets, and help brief 270 principals for upcoming interviews.
This position will be based in Washington, DC and will require some limited travel.
THIS POSITION IS WELL-SUITED FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Have 1-3 years of professional work experience (or haven’t been in the game that long but are a talented go-getter who wants to show us why we should hire you anyway)
- Want the opportunity to help shape the marketing strategy for a growing company making a difference in the world
- Are a creative thinker who can execute your work effectively
- Like to multi-task and juggle projects
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and problem-solving abilities to get the job done
- Can think “outside-the-box” to come up with the best solutions
- Are well-organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable working in an environment where the opportunities and priorities may change on a regular basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editing and copywriting ability
- Understanding of project management & good organization
- Experience researching and presenting information in a compelling and accessible way
- Effective time management skills and comfort working toward multiple deadlines
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Creative idea generator
- Energetic, proactive, and action-oriented individual
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
NICE TO HAVES:
- Understanding of marketing perspectives and strategies -- and experience working as a consultant -- are a plus
- Familiarity with issue advocacy organizations, political campaigns, and corporate innovators preferred
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- Previous experience with SEO and SEM
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Be OK with giving up some of your weekends for special events
- Marketing, public relations, or business development background or degree
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000 depending on experience and expertise.
To apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a short writing sample.
270 Strategies is a public engagement firm that is redefining how companies and organizations build winning campaigns and do big things. Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on PR, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies, effective communications, and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lessons learned after years of leading the Obama organization to help clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is deeply committed to diversity among our staff. We recognize that our continued success requires a true dedication to obtaining and retaining a team with a broad spectrum of experiences that will provide the best quality services to our clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.