270 Strategies is seeking a full-time Campaign Manager to start August 15th through November 15th for a local New Jersey campaign.
270 Strategies is committed to improving academic performance for all students, regardless of where they live, and empowering parents to ensure their children have access to a quality school. The ideal candidate for this role will have a genuine interest in and be committed to education reform to improve educational outcomes for all students.
This position will be based in Camden, New Jersey and will require night and weekend hours. The annual salary will range from $60,000 to $68,400, commensurate with experience.
The Campaign Manager will help develop and implement a new organizing program for volunteers and paid canvassers in the upcoming Camden 2019 school board elections and will work to assist building and strengthening a long-term advocacy infrastructure within the city.
The Campaign Manager will oversee the training, execution, and day-to-day activities of the field program and must be able to complete tasks on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly collaborative, and experienced in working with a diverse group of leaders and coalition members – and is passionate about education, organizing and advocacy.
As a candidate, you should meet the following criteria:
- 2 or more cycles of electoral campaign experience; specific experience running a field program and canvass operation
- Experience managing a team
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making and program development
- Willing to temporarily relocate to Camden, New Jersey
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to synthesize complex ideas and information
- Strong judgment and critical reasoning skills, with the ability to navigate new situations
- Confidence and professionalism while engaging with contacts ranging from grassroots volunteers to public officials
- Access to public transportation or a vehicle
- Committed to improving educational outcomes for all Camden students
Applications for this role will be accepted on a rolling basis and candidates who appear to meet minimum qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Please submit your resume to apply.
270 Strategies is a public engagement firm that is redefining how companies and organizations build winning campaigns and do big things. Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on PR, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies, effective communications, and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lessons learned after years of leading the Obama organization to help clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is deeply committed to diversity among our staff. We recognize that our continued success requires a true dedication to obtaining and retaining a team with a broad spectrum of experiences that will provide the best quality services to our clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.