Digital Engagement Manager - 2020 Project
Chicago, New York, or Washington, DC
270 Strategies is seeding the launch of a new independent training program geared toward the next major electoral cycle. The program will tentatively rollout in February 2019 with core programming kicking off in June 2019.
As the Digital Engagement Manager, you will lead the design, development and execution of our digital strategy, presence and programming in service of the ongoing learning, growth and engagement of our training program participants. You are a creative and strategic community builder that strives to infuse and share your digital expertise with every part of an organization: you’re not the digital person, you’re the organizer that empowers others to work and connect more effectively with digital tools. You have 3-5 years directly building, managing and supporting online communities and programs. You believe in the power of organizing, as well as the integration of data and on/offline organizing, and are excited to support the development of a talent pipeline.
The position will ideally be located in NYC, DC, or Chicago though remote locations will be considered. This is a temporary full-time position expected to start in February 2019 and end in August 2020, and will entail some weekend work and travel. The salary range is $65k-$85k for candidates with 5-8 years of relevant experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS THE DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
- Lead the design, development and execution of a digital strategy and engagement platform that will build off of and amplify our 10-week training experience.
- In collaboration with Chief Program Officer, Director of Institute & Training, and program team, create the platform to develop a rich sense of community amongst organizers that ensures organizers continue to learn, grow and develop, and are ultimately prepared for and excited to join the presidential campaign.
- Foster an intentionally inclusive, equitable and collaborative team culture that puts participant experience and a love of organizing at the forefront.
- Collaborate with Chief Program Officer and COO to achieve platform and engagement goals on-time and on-budget.
- Produce, design and manage online web pages, content and campaigns in partnership with the program team.
- Coordinate business requirements and collaborate with program team to design, select, deploy, and manage a distributed organizing technology toolkit to empower Program Managers, Coaches, and training program participants.
- Leverage external partners and vendors to source best-in-class content and delivery, and gather input and feedback from diverse stakeholders to evolve and iterate community engagement mechanisms.
- Determine and analyze key metrics for success in each phase of organizer experience, review and monitor implementation, and ensure strategy is translating to organizer retention.
- Help manage the relationship with high-profile and/or complex partnerships.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 3-5 years of experience crafting and executing digital engagement strategy, ideally in service of electoral, advocacy and/or community organizing.
- Proficient computer skills and prior experience or aptitude with internet applications, including but not limited to mass text and email platforms, CRM management, social networking systems and web applications.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills with demonstrated strength in producing online content.
- Strong judgment and critical reasoning skills, with the ability to navigate new situations.
- A track record of working with diverse staff and external partners.
- Confidence and professionalism while engaging with contacts ranging from grassroots volunteers to high-level public officials.
- Enthusiasm for a team-based work environment.
- A sense of humor, a willingness to embrace both your own quirks and others’, and a passion for progressive issues.
- Experience with web development and design applications (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign).
- Experience with political campaigns, on/offline organizing and digital tools.
- Experience with high-volume recruitment and/or training.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references. Please include the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
ABOUT 270 STRATEGIES
270 Strategies is a next-generation grassroots firm that is redefining how companies, causes, and organizations build winning campaigns and achieve big things.
Our company was born of the basic belief that grassroots campaigns can change the world. We named our firm “270” for the number of electoral votes required to win the presidency. Our team used grassroots and digital organizing to achieve our strategic goals on both historic Obama campaigns – and we help our clients do the same.
Unlike traditional consulting firms that focus exclusively on marketing, 270 Strategies believes effective, 21st century campaigns must integrate people-centered, grassroots organizing with smart digital strategies and a data-driven approach. The 270 team uses the lesson learned after years of leading progressive organizations and working with over 300 clients to help our clients connect with key constituencies, design innovative programs, and put their ideas into action.
270 Strategies is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to clients and constituents. 270 Strategies is an equal opportunity employer and it is 270 Strategies’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.