Senior Data Scientist
2nd Address is on a mission to change the way business travelers stay in homes instead of hotels. We want to make booking a furnished home as easy as booking a hotel. From search to booking, and even on move out day, we are committed throughout the entire rental process. We are here because we believe business travel is only partly about business. With the power of hospitality and technology, we will focus on each moment of the business traveler experience and help make their second address a home. Because, if you live better, you can work better.
Our revolutionary product is driving explosive growth and we are backed by top tier VCs (GV, Foundation Capital, Battery Ventures). Our leadership team is obsessed with enabling 2nd Address to achieve its massive potential and building a strong, values-based culture that is visionary, performance-oriented, collaborative, and customer-centric. Through our hard work and passion, we believe we can create a new industry of on-demand housing.
We are looking for a world-class Senior Data Scientist to join our Host Platform team. As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for defining the product strategy to take 2nd Address to the next level. You’ll work closely with our Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Data teams to define experiments and use the results to accelerate the growth of our marketplace into the leading platform serving business travelers for extended stays.
- Partner with operations, real-estate and product teams to lead analytics projects and derive actionable insights to drive better product and business performance
- Acquire, manage and use data to inform business decisions and product design
- Design models and statistical analyses to answer specific questionsLead product, growth experiments, and the Host Revenue team
- Own roadmap for products that will establish 2nd Address as a leader in the business travel space
- Work cross functionally across Marketing, Data, and Supply teams to generate insights and market research
- Run continuous A/B tests and use data to determine the best ideas to drive growth.
- Able to meet urgent day-to-day business needs and make rapid progress on important long term business objectives.
- MS or PhD in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative field from a top university
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Economist with a track record of manipulating, and extracting value by generating clear recommendations for action from large datasets
- Fluency in SQL, Python & R preferred
- Familiarity with ETL processes
- Strong fundamentals in statistics and econometrics (e.g. regressions, hypothesis testing)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and analyses
- Prior experience in experimental design is a plus
- Loves working on a fast-paced team that adapts to any challenges that come their way.
- Strong project management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Startup experience a bonus.
- Ability to think like an owner and put ideas into practice a plus
We are passionate about our mission and our marketplace, and everything we do helps drive us to our goal of creating on-demand housing. Come join the team that is bringing the real estate industry online. We need your help to make leasing a property easy and efficient.