Software Engineer, Platform Development
2nd Address is on a mission to change the way people find a temporary home in a new city. We want to make booking a furnished property as easy as booking a hotel. From search to signing the lease, and even on move out day, we are committed throughout the entire rental process. We are here because we believe business travel is only partly about business. With the power of hospitality and technology, we will focus on each moment of the business traveler experience and help make their second address a home. Because, if you live better, you can work better.
Our revolutionary product is driving explosive growth and we are backed by top tier VCs (Foundation Capital, Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners and Google Ventures). Our leadership team is obsessed with enabling 2nd Address to achieve its massive potential and building a strong, values-based culture that is visionary, performance-oriented, collaborative, and customer-centric. Through our hard work and passion, we believe we can create a new industry of on-demand housing.
As a Software Engineer, your biggest impact will be as you take the initiative or contribute in building many micro-services as part of the back-end platform. We believe that our next generation platform is essential to accelerating the successes of the business and ensuring the quality and stability necessary to expand the on-demand residential housing category. You will have full creativity in finding solutions for the challenges the platform team is facing, as well as being responsible for balancing urgent actions and long-term excellence. You'll collaborate with engineering, product and other business stakeholders to scope and design products correctly.
About the Engineering Team
The engineering team at 2nd Address is much more than just a group of coders. Our team takes on the challenge of working directly with stakeholders across the entire company to build applications that solve real world user & business problems. While we believe in rapid iteration and addressing business realities, we are driven by our ultimate vision to build a big sustainable long-term business.
Want to learn a little bit more about 2nd Address and what's like to work on our Engineering team? Hear directly from one of engineers in our company profile on the Muse, linked here.
2nd Address is an unlimited growth opportunity. We are a team of driven, hard-working individuals. You will be pushed to the limit and find out what you are made of. You will be challenged beyond what you thought possible. There is no place where you can learn more.
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals, such as data structure, algorithm and design patterns.
- Strong experience with Python(2+ years). Or comparable knowledge with similar high-level language is also acceptable.
- Extensive experience in design and development of applications in a highly distributed environment.
- Experience working with messaging systems (such as RabbitMQ or SQS)
- 2+ years of experience in various Amazon Web Services.
- 2+ years of experience in designing and building REST APIs
- 2+ years of experience of SQL (Postgres/MySQL) and NoSQL (Redis/Mongo/ES) data storage systems.
- Unit-testing - experience with TDD or BDD a plus. We strive for >90% coverage.
- Previous experience with containerization, continuous integration is a plus.
- Efficient, clever, practical programmer with a record of producing dependable and extensible code.
- Quick learner and always eager to take the ownership. Must be comfortable working in a small team and working as a technical partner to product
We are passionate about our mission and our marketplace, and everything we do helps drive us to our goal of creating on-demand extended stay housing. We are conveniently located in San Francisco; a city with great nightlife, beautiful outdoors, and world-class culture right at your fingertips. Come join the team that is bringing the real estate industry online. We need your help to make leasing a furnished property easy and efficient.
-Fully Subsidized healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
-Generous Stock Options
-$100 commuter benefits towards any form of transportation
-2nd Address credits
-Snack filled kitchen