Machine Learning Engineer
Paris, Remote /
Technology – R&D /
At the start of 360Learning's growth, we were 10 developers in the R&D department working on a single code base. Today, we are a team of more than 40 engineers divided into 10 “product squads”. Each squad is made up of developers, product managers, and designers.
Key member of the “Surface” squad, you will be responsible for creating, improving and executing the most efficient recommendation strategy for our product while keep developing features. You will have the opportunity to :
- Lead strategic and complex technical challenges: With 2.5 million users and 3 million courses played each month, having a top-notch AI is key for 360Learning. We want to make sure that our ML architecture is ready to offer the most relevant content possible to each user so that they can build customized trainings, identify where to find expertise, categorize courses…
- Act as a “hybrid” & “full stack” expert: As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will enjoy using the libraries and the tools efficiently regarding our needs. On top of that, you will be responsible for integrating and implementing them in our product. To do so, we work on MongoDB, Node.js and Vue.js, three of the most popular JS technologies on the market. We are also currently experimenting with TypeScript.
- Be part of a R&D team that allows rapid progress: Our decentralized peer review process allows us to receive qualitative and regular feedbacks from other team members. A team of high-level engineers who promote pair programming and “knowledge sharing”
Within 3 months, you will:
- Discover the 360Learning platform
- Have a global view on our code-base
- Get used to the team's processes
- Get to know our ML architecture
- Integrate our decentralized peer review process to adopt our best practices
Within 6 months, you will:
- Scale our Machine Learning stack for hyper-growth
- Monitor the performance of our Course Recommendation algorithms and improve it
Within 12 months, you will:
- Deploy new high value Machine Learning powered features such as Content recommendation for Authors, Smart Navigation...
- Study the next advanced features such as Relevance scores for Video Pitches, Content Classification, NLP bot in forums
The Skills Set
- You are experienced both in Software Engineering and Machine Learning
- You have a clear understanding of Machine Learning models and algorithms
- You are used to working with Machine Learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras
- You are comfortable using a distributed computing system such as Hadoop
- You have an engineering degree
- You are fluent in english (B2 level or equivalent)
- You show a strong enthusiasm for our culture, explained here
What we offer
- Compensation. Competitive package (including a variable component and equity)
- Benefits/Perks. RTT, luncheon vouchers, 50% off on the transport subscription, Gymlib access, health insurance (Alan), generous parental leave policy. Level up your skills with our very own platform. Apero with team members from around the world.
- Balance. We are remote-friendly and promote flexible work hours.
- Culture. Be a part of a global team. We are powered through our culture called Convexity (ask us about it)! Make an impact in a high autonomy, low authority and highly nimble environment.
- Call with one of our tech recruiter
- Technical Test to do at home (Hacker Rank)
- Discovery Meeting with one our VP Product
- Culture-fit interview with Fabrice our Engineering Manager
- Final interview with Sébastien our CTO
Who We Are
360Learning empowers Learning and Development teams to drive culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. Our learning platform combines collaborative tools with the power of an LMS, enabling high-growth companies to unlock learning based on collective expertise instead of top-down knowledge. 360Learning is the easiest way to onboard new employees, train customer-facing teams, and develop professional skills–all from one place.
360Learning powers the future of work at 1,500 organizations, including Toyota, Criteo, and Airbus. Founded in 2012, 360Learning has raised $41 million with 220+ team members across New York, Paris, and London. You can learn more in this blog post from our CEO.
Learning Includes Everyone.
In concert with our culture, 360Learning believes learning includes everyone and that means embracing the strengths of diversity, connectedness, and inclusion. Through conscientious efforts, our global footprint celebrates cultures, perspectives, and experiences from all over the world to support our platform that is built for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. Thus, 360Learning is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we commit to continue this throughout our processes for recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion, and all other conditions and terms of employment. We want to learn from and with you!