London, Remote /
Technology – R&D /
Introduction to the Team & Role
At the start of 360Learning's growth, we were only 10 developers in the R&D department working on a single code base. Today, we are a team of more than 40 engineers divided into 10 “product squads”. Each squad includes developers, product managers, and designers.
Our technical teams are paramount to 360learning’s response to our increasingly demanding customers and are strategic players for the growth of the company. They have the opportunity to:
Lead real and complex technical challenges: A complex codebase on which analysis and modelling capabilities are key. Significant traffic (2.3 million registered users, 200K unique monthly visitors) with a considerable volume of data to manage. A strong focus on “clean architecture” for long-term growth.
Work on an attractive technical stack: We work on MongoDB, Node.js and Vue.js, three of the most popular JS technologies on the market, which allow our developers to grow on verticals. For candidates who want to discover new technologies, we are currently experimenting with TypeScript on several features.
Within a R&D team that allows rapid progress: Our decentralized peer review process allows us to receive qualitative and regular feedbacks from other team members. A team of highly skilled engineers who promote pair programming and knowledge sharing.
Within 1 month, you will
- Discover the 360Learning platform
- Have a global view on our code-base
- Get used to the team's processes
- Implement your first tickets
- Integrate our decentralized peer review process to adopt our best practices
Within 3 months, you will
- Join a squad
- Work on the development of broader functionalities
- Gain skills on our stack (Node, Vue, JS)
Within 6 months, you will
- Share your best practices within the team
- Create your own courses on the 360Learning platform
- Implement cross-functional tools, to allow the team to maintain its quality standards and increase its speed
- Document, refactor, analyze features to maintain a high level of quality and transparency
Within 12 months, you will
- Onboard the new engineers of the team
- Be the owner of part of the codebase
- Work on complex functionalities that impact several teams and stakeholders
- Work on architectural changes impacting our entire code base
The Skills Set
- You graduated from an engineering school or have equivalent training
- You have at least 2 years of experience in software development
- You are used to creating quality interfaces: intuitive, efficient, elegant ...
- The idea of working in a scale-up with strong performance and quality challenges stimulates you
- You are comfortable with algorithms
- You are fluent in English
- Enthusiasm about the idea of working in our Culture of Convexity
What we offer
- Compensation: Competitive salary and equity
- Benefits: Health Benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Accidental Death & Personal Loss, and Disability coverage, Employee Care Line
- Flexibility: Flexible hours, total work from home possible anywhere in the UK with a one-off allowance to set up home office
- Culture: We are powered through our culture called Convexity (you will hear this a lot). We are strong-believers in documenting our process, sharing continuous feedback and having low authority. Click here to envision what's it like to join 360Learning from onboarding to ramp-up, and beyond.
- Call with one of our tech recruiters
- Technical Test (Hacker Rank)
- Discovery Meeting with one of our Software Engineers
- Culture-fit interview with Fabrice, our Engineering Manager
- Final interview with Sébastien, our CTO
360Learning empowers Learning and Development teams to drive culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. Our learning platform combines collaborative tools with the power of an LMS (Learning Management System), enabling high-growth companies to unlock learning based on collective expertise instead of top-down knowledge. 360Learning is the easiest way to onboard new employees, train customer-facing teams, and develop professional skills–all from one place.
360Learning powers the future of work at 1,500 organizations, including Toyota, Criteo, and Airbus. Founded in 2012, 360Learning has raised $41 million with 220+ team members across New York, Paris, and London. You can learn more in this blog post from our CEO
Learning Includes Everyone.
In concert with our culture, 360Learning believes learning includes everyone and that means embracing the strengths of diversity, connectedness, and inclusion. Through conscientious efforts, our global footprint celebrates cultures, perspectives, and experiences from all over the world to support our platform that is built for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. Thus, 360Learning is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we commit to continue this throughout our processes for recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion, and all other conditions and terms of employment. We want to learn from and with you!