Chief of Staff to the CTO
Paris, Remote /
Technology – R&D /
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join a fast growing Tech team of 40+ people divided into 4 departments and 10 product squads.
In this role, you will report directly to the CTO to ensure everyone understands what the Engineering team is working on, what the expected business results are; and make sure the Engineering team is accountable for these results. As a highly influential member of the organization, you will :
Provide visibility and alignment at company’s level: Summarize Engineering performance for the Board. Ensure every 360Learner knows what the R&D is and doing and what are the impacts. Be the contact point for cross-department collaboration. Make sure our Engineering principles, strategy & culture are well formalized, both for internal alignment and for external marketing purposes.
Assume everyone's delivery and accountability: Ensure the ETAs on the roadmap are clear, the DRIs are identified, the delays and deprioritization are communicated early and clearly. Ensure this makes DRIs both empowered on their scope and pushed to make bold and ambitious decisions leading to great impact. Measure Engineering and connected teams performance.
Scale our tools, practices and processes: Benchmark other SaaS Tech/Engineering organizations, tools, processes. Leverage all existing knowledge (articles, podcasts, books) to get new ideas and improve our performance. Lead process changes in the Engineering team, mostly when it requires coordination or change-management in other teams (Support, Solution Architects, CST…)
Within 1 month you will :
- Discover the 360Learning platform
- Discover 360Learning’s business and teams
- Learn our methodologies, work practices, culture
Within 3 months you will :
- Create and update the Engineering roadmap deck, the Board Engineering’s slides, the Executive committee’s slides
- Receive and analyze the other departments’ collaboration needs. Then, once we agree on a resulting project...
Within 6 months, you will:
- Analyze Engineering’s KPIs to detect potential improvements
- Benchmark SaaS best practices and building a strong SaaS network
- Implement new processes & tools to increase focus and productivity
Within 12 months, you will:
- Drive key Engineering transformation projects with multiple stakeholders across the company, and providing full visibility on these projects
- Align Engineering priorities with the company's strategic objectives and business plan
The Skills Set :
- You have 8+ years of experience during which you have interacted with impactful engineering teams, set strategy, and experienced technical organizations scaling
- You have significant cross-functional project leadership experience, working with multiple stakeholders across departments
- You are comfortable working with executives and senior leaders
- You have a structured approach to decision-making, with a strong inclination towards action, speed and impact
- You are a true leader who is skilled at driving accountability
- You are a high-level thinker, but also detail-oriented when executing on projects
- You graduated from a top engineering school
- You have strong oral and written communication both in French and in English
- You show enthusiasm for our culture explained here: Convexity
What we offer :
- Compensation. Competitive package (including a variable component and equity)
- Benefits/Perks. RTT, luncheon vouchers, 50% off on the transport subscription, Gymlib access, health insurance (Alan), generous parental leave policy. Level up your skills with our very own platform. Network with team members from around the world.
- Balance. We are remote-friendly and promote flexible work hours.
- Culture. Be a part of a global team. We are powered through our culture called Convexity (ask us about it)! Make an impact in a high autonomy, low authority and highly nimble environment.
Interview process :
- Call with our Tech Recruiter
- Discovery Meeting with our CTO
- Live Case study with our CTO and our Director of Operations
- Meeting with our Product, Ops and R&D teams
- Culture Fit Meeting with our Engineering Manager
- Meeting with our CEO
- Final chat with our CTO
- Reference checks
360Learning empowers Learning and Development teams to drive culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. Our learning platform combines collaborative tools with the power of an LMS, enabling high-growth companies to unlock learning based on collective expertise instead of top-down knowledge. 360Learning is the easiest way to onboard new employees, train customer-facing teams, and develop professional skills–all from one place.
360Learning powers the future of work at 1,500 organizations, including Toyota, Criteo, and Airbus. Founded in 2012, 360Learning has raised $41 million with 220+ team members across New York, Paris, and London. You can learn more in this blog post from our CEO.
Learning Includes Everyone.
In concert with our culture, 360Learning believes learning includes everyone and that means embracing the strengths of diversity, connectedness, and inclusion. Through conscientious efforts, our global footprint celebrates cultures, perspectives, and experiences from all over the world to support our platform that is built for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. Thus, 360Learning is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we commit to continue this throughout our processes for recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion, and all other conditions and terms of employment. We want to learn from and with you!