Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote)
New York, NY (Remote) /
At 3Box Labs we are on a mission to usher in a new era for the web, where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection. We're enabling online experiences that are delightful and integrated while also bolstering privacy and freeing innovation. Our first product, Ceramic, is the building block for composable data on the web and is powering thousands of the world's most ambitious applications.
We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission. We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe, with 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We have founded tech startups, written books, won product awards, authored patents, created Ethereum standards, and advised F100 CEOs.
Come help us tackle novel challenges and reinvent how data is managed online. Every one of our roles is remote first (retreat often!). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team because we cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
Create the foundation for confident and rapid development of our core protocol and network by encouraging strong DevOps practices across the team.
Success looks like...
- Build tooling that enables the team to debug problems in our infrastructure deployments
- Work with Protocol Engineers to create insight into upcoming bottlenecks in our infrastructure and the network
- Ensure our alerting system gives us the right information at the right time without being a distraction
- Contribute to the observability of our decentralized network and hosted infrastructure
- Create guides and open source tools that makes it easier for external teams to run Ceramic nodes
- Contribute to leveling up our DevOps practices
- Scale our Ceramic node infrastructure
- Contribute to security best practices of our DevOps team
You're likely a great candidate if you have...
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software developer / DevOps engineer or equivalent
- Shipped large scale infrastructure used in production applications
- Comfortable building infrastructure components from (almost) scratch
- Experience with various infra as code frameworks (e.g. Terraform)
- Worked with multiple different cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Comfortable debugging code in multiple languages (e.g. nodejs, go, python)
- Some existing understanding of Web3 - curiosity to learn is enough
- A knack for quickly learning new problem areas, weighing tradeoffs, and recommending a path forward
Care: We work with passionate teammates committed to a shared purpose and support each other to work better and live well.
Act with intention: We are thoughtful doers who put as much into why and how we do something as what we do.
Go further, together: Our mission is too big for us alone. We cultivate trust, ask for help, and build momentum together.
Drive incredible impact: We aim for massive impact and we deliver.
Benefits and Perks
*Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match.
*Generous equity for everyone
*Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
*Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
*Budgets for learning, thought leadership, and community events
*In person team retreats twice a year