Technical Product Manager
New York, Berlin, Remote
Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, working with partners like Protocol Labs and a rapidly growing open source community?
3Box Labs is advancing a more open web by liberating information from silos and rebuilding trusted relationships between users, apps, and data. We created the leading identity and data solution for Web3, and alongside our open source developer community we're approaching the launch of Ceramic Network. We have huge and novel challenges ahead. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
As our first Product Manager, you'll craft exceptional tools and a world-class developer experience for the open-source community building on Ceramic Network.
- Deliver impactful product updates every 1-2 months that have immediate adoption and move the needle on our goals.
- Ensure critical features in Ceramic Network and IDX are regularly shipped on time and without issue. You bring attention to detail and quality to our product spec'ing, planning and development efforts
- Constantly improve our developer experience. You use data, observation, and instinct to identify weak spots and use your insights and resourcefulness to quickly turn them to strengths
- Make our developer community highly aware of product updates with timely, compelling, and clear release communications, documentation and product marketing - products are only as impactful with use.
- Anchor your teammates on clear short, medium and long term priorities. You help create alignment between hour-to-hour work and our mission, bolstering focus and motivation for the team.
- Develop a deep understanding of our developer partner funnel and their needs, fostered through your constant efforts to discover their goals and active collaborations on joint ventures
- Collaborate with the founders, growth team, engineers, designers, and community to execute important projects when they arise
- Become a leader in the community as you represent the team with passion and sincerity and become a domain expert in our space
You'll likely succeed if you have...
- Engineering experience and the ability to collaborate deeply with developers inside and outside our organization
- 4+ years of experience working on technical products as a Product Manager or product-minded Engineer
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively with people from all disciplines
- Constant desire to understand customer needs and ecosystem trends, and craft high-quality products to support them
- A results-driven mentality with the resourcefulness, grit and influence to make sure things get done
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills, with as much appreciation for great execution as exciting ideas
- A love for building great teams and helping people work more effectively together.
- Bonus points: you've shipped developer tools or infrastructure; experience in the blockchain/web3 space; background in databases, stream processing, or other related software fields
We are a lean, voraciously curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech, including but not limited to gender or racial identity, are particularly encouraged to apply.