Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, working closely with our rapidly growing open source community and many of the best technologists in the world?
3Box Labs is on a mission to transform the web's relationship with data. Our identity and data infrastructure is already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications. Ceramic Network, the recently launched sovereign data network we helped create, is the building block that will let millions of developers reinvent how they manage data.
We have huge and novel challenges ahead, as well as rapid growth and opportunity. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
3Box Labs is looking for a Cloud/Platform Engineer who will build key infrastructure, scale our platform, and support reliable deployments for us and the community.
You will get to...
- Ensure our infrastructure is performant and highly available at rapidly increasing scale
- Research and develop safe ways of running validator nodes and provide insight and guidance to the core dev team
- Develop new microservices as needed to support network growth
- Automate and optimize our CI/CD processes to support our goal of exceptional reliability
- Assess our current infrastructure and implement security best practices
- Set up a high quality monitoring, alerts, and metrics for our infrastructure and the decentralized network
- Design and maintain automated testing plans for distributed, peer to peer networks
You're likely a great candidate if you have...
- Shipped large scale infrastructure used in production applications
- Experience identify and troubleshoot infrastructure issues and create preventative action plans
- Expertise with infrastructure as code solutions (e.g. Terraform), AWS and other cloud providers, and Web3 concepts and how they are different
- A flexible, anti-fragile, and highly scalable approach to infrastructure design
- Deep understanding of UNIX systems
- A knack for quickly learning new problem areas, weighing tradeoffs, and recommending a path forward
- Bonus points: worked with Go / Rust, significant DevOps experience
We are a lean, voraciously curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.