Technical Recruiting Lead
Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? Do you want to help tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, working closely with our rapidly growing open source community and many of the best technologists in the world?
3Box Labs is on a mission to transform the web's relationship with data. Our identity and data infrastructure is already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications. Ceramic Network, the recently launched sovereign data network we helped create, is the building block that will let millions of developers reinvent how they manage data.
We have huge and novel challenges ahead, as well as rapid growth and opportunity. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
Drive a recruiting and talent function that is hiring faster and better than a team of our size should reasonably expect, and lay the foundations for people operations that makes the whole team happier and more effective.
In this role you will..
- Attract great candidates with a standout opportunity, evidently great team and mission, and effective sourcing strategies
- Work with hiring managers create clear and compelling role specs, JDs, sourcing strategies, and evaluation plans
- Help shape the employer brand, making it attractive to candidates and representative of the team they'll be joining
- Deliver a fantastic candidate experience for all applicants, leaving them promoters of 3Box Labs and Ceramic
- Help us become leaders in DEI in the Web3 space, putting effort into building a highly diverse pipeline ourselves and taking initiative on outside events, partnerships and other strategies to build equity and opportunity in the space
- Ensure our interview paths and evaluations are high signal and efficient, constantly being improved based on data and changing scale
- Help more of our team become expert at interviewing, evaluating and sourcing as you prime and coach them, directly and by finding external experts and trainings
- Efficiently leverage external services and recruiters, and when the time comes hire exceptional recruiters internally
- Bonus: help make our new hire onboarding and orientation is clear, effective and inspiring
- Bonus: help create effective promotion pathways, feedback cycles, learning tools, and other internal talent processes.
- Bonus: start to build clear pathways for community and part time contributors as well as full-time hires.
- Bonus: organize processes, events/retreats, and rituals that bring the team together physically, intellectually and emotionally
You're likely a great candidate if you have...
- Recruited engineers (or other technical roles) effectively across the globe
- Ability to screen candidates for both technical ability and principles alignment
- Mastery of core sourcing skills, strategies and tools and creative approaches to source pockets of elite or undiscovered talent that are likely to fit our team
- Understanding of how to shape role requirements, starting with team needs and building towards a hiring plan and job spec
- Great communication skills and a positive, engaging presence with candidates to represent our team well
- Organized, diligent, and motivated to make an impact, whether that's filling the pipeline or closing candidates or spearheading a new DEI project
- Great problem solving skills and resourcefulness -- you find needs and tackle them rather than waiting for instructions
- A desire to stretch into new skills, responsibilities and expertises as the team grows
- Bonus: experience with talent pathways, performance evaluation systems, learning programs, DEI initiatives, or other talent, people ops and community projects
We are a lean, voraciously curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.