Web3 Community Manager
New York, NY (Remote) /
At 3Box Labs we are on a mission to usher in a new era for the web, where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection. We're enabling online experiences that are delightful and integrated while also bolstering privacy and freeing innovation. Our first product, Ceramic, is the building block for composable data on the web and is powering thousands of the world's most ambitious applications.
We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission. We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe, with 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We have founded tech startups, written books, won product awards, authored patents, created Ethereum standards, and advised F100 CEOs.
Come help us tackle novel challenges and reinvent how data is managed online. Every one of our roles is remote first (retreat often!). We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team because we cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
As the Community Manager, You will foster a highly-engaged community that propels a global movement of developers building the Web3 dataverse. Community members will say "we" not "they" when talking about Ceramic, helping champion and forward Ceramic’s value. You will create constant energy in the community—with sharing, collaboration, cross-community support and discussion happening all the time. You will be a powerful attractor for new members and serve as a catalyst for new activity throughout the Ceramic and Web3 ecosystems. This position reports to the Product Marketing Lead.
Success looks like…
- You oversee our community platforms and programs, both online and offline. It’s clear to community members where to go and how to engage, doubling our member onboarding and retention success rates
- Our monthly—and later weekly—events, spotlights, showcases, hackathons and other opportunities to gather the community are well-attended and energizing, and serve as a catalyst and attractor for 1,200 new community members per month
- By the end of 2023, you’ve successfully co-launched three cohort programs with dozens of active community leaders, hundreds of ambassadors, and thousands of engaged members—turning the community into a driving force for growing, improving and guiding Ceramic's ecosystem
- You’ve tripled our Twitter impressions with your ability to build meaningful discussions—hosting monthly Twitter Spaces that help people participate in Ceramic’s ecosystem and general Web3 trends
- You work with marketing to build and execute an engaging, proactive content and events calendar (digital and IRL) that attracts developers to build on ComposeDB, Ceramic’s graph database
You're likely a good fit if you have...
- You have a proven track record developing programs designed to support engagement, retention and growth of online communities (ideally on platforms like Discord, Twitter, Forums, etc.)
- You’re plugged into the Web3 ecosystem and feel confident leveraging Ceramic’s strong network of connections. You work with partnerships and marketing to foster meaningful collaborations with other Web3 projects that would benefit Ceramic’s audience
- You’re highly organized and know how to manage the details of IRL events, maintain important relationships and plan ahead for different programs (podcasts, conferences, community calls, Twitter Spaces, etc.) without dropping the ball or missing important deadlines
- You empathize with different types of people and feel comfortable building relationships in public; your instinct to engage all types of people, and make them feel welcome, authentically stems from being a member of relevant Web3 or open-source communities
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and empathize with the needs of different community members to boost their success - creating memorable, engaging materials, opportunities, or amplification of projects built by community members
Care: We work with passionate teammates committed to a shared purpose and support each other to work better and live well.
Act with intention: We are thoughtful doers who put as much into why and how we do something as what we do.
Go further, together: Our mission is too big for us alone. We cultivate trust, ask for help, and build momentum together.
Drive incredible impact: We aim for massive impact and we deliver.
Benefits and Perks
*Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match.
*Generous equity for everyone
*Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
*Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
*Budgets for learning, thought leadership, and community events
*In person team retreats twice a year