Do you want to help build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? 3Box Labs is building the data rails for Web3, Ceramic Network. Already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications, Ceramic is the building block for composable data.
You'll tackle novel challenges, work closely with incredible partners and our rapidly growing community, and help us reinvent how data is managed online.
Foster a highly engaged and value-driven community that can propel a global movement to create a better web.
What success looks like
- The community's value is explicit, apparent and felt. Our members say "we" not "they" when talking about Ceramic
- The community is rapidly growing into a driving force for growing, improving and guiding Ceramic's technology. Community leaders are recognized, rewarded and retained with clear roles and opportunities
- There is a constant energy in the community, with sharing, collaboration, cross-community support and discussion happening all the time
- As our community scales, its tools and structures evolve appropriately. As "PM of community" you deftly ensure changes are thoughtful, proactive and smoothly executed
- It's clear to community members where and who to go to as various needs arise with different platforms clearly differentiated and clear pathways to get oriented
- Our frequent events, spotlights, showcases, hackathons and other opportunities to gather the community are well-attended and energizing, and serve as a catalyst and attractor for more activity
- We are able to mobilize and communicate effectively with the community, creating momentum (including during breaking updates to the protocol) that keeps us rapidly innovating and growing
You'd likely be a great candidate if you have
- Experience building, growing and leading communities
- Deep caring about community and how to foster it. You think about it, study it, and consider it an art and science.
- Belief in the power of community to create more than the sum of its parts
- A desire to empower others, especially other builders, and you resonate with our beliefs about impact through a movement
- Empathy for people, and an instinct for engaging all types of people and making them feel welcomed
- Involvement in Web3, open source, or other relevant ecosystems
- Intrinsic motivation and the ability to keep striving for impact each day
- Bonus points: previous operations or product experience; no-code, design or speaking skills;
We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe. We have 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We are impact-driven, intentional about our role, communications, and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction. We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.