Do you want to build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? 3Box Labs is building the data rails for Web3, Ceramic Network. Already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications, Ceramic is the building block for composable data.
You'll tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, work closely with our rapidly growing open source community and many of the best technologists in the world, and help reinvent how data is managed online.
As our first Solidity engineer you will build out essential economic infrastructure for the Ceramic protocol.
- Design, implement, and drive audit of Ceramics staking and bridge contracts that act as the root trust in the Ceramic protocol
- Built a comprehensive test suite for our smart contract system, to simulate upgrades and various attack vectors
- Collaborated with our platform team to build out monitoring for our smart contract system
- Created comprehensive documentation for both users and developers of our contracts
- Contributed to the design of the Ceramic blockchain (primarily how it interfaces with the smart contracts on Ethereum)
- Work closely with Engineering, Research and Product areas to ship a consistent experience to our community
- Collaborate with auditors to ensure code quality standards and security
- Design and implement upgrades to the CeramicDAO, which is based on Gnosis Safe
- Work with the team to design build out a curation market for Ceramic data models
You're likely a great candidate if you have...
- 2+ years of experience in the web3 ecosystem
- Deployed smart contracts that have seen real public usage (TLV, DAOs, NFTs, etc)
- Understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, gas optimization tradeoffs and security best practices.
- Familiar with TDD frameworks for Solidity (e.g. hardhat, dapptools, truffle)
- Familiar with L2s and how to deploy contracts to them (e.g. Arbitrum, Optimism, zkSync, zkEVM)
- Familiar with important cryptographic primitives (e.g. bls, cryptographic hash functions, zero-knowledge proofs)
- Understand the basics of finance and trading
- Experience working in open source communities
We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe. We have 4 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We are impact-driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.