New York, Berlin, Remote
Do you want to help developers and users reclaim the web?
Do you want to build the identity and information network that underpins the web beyond the cloud?
Do you want to work alongside world-class technical and product teammates to usher in the next wave of online experiences?
3Box Labs is building a more open, safe and collaborative web. After building the leading identity and data solution for Web3, we're approaching the launch of Ceramic Network. Alongside our open source developer community and great partners, we are building the new standard for digital identity and information management. We have huge and novel challenges ahead and need motivated, impact-driven, rapidly-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
We are looking for a technical community manager to help us create a world-class developer ecosystem and experience around our open source community. Our community is our most important product, and you will be its PM, steward, and leader.
You will get to
- Turn our developer community into one of the most engaged in Web3. Organize developer community events, hackathons, forums, conversations and experiences
- 2X the value our team is providing to our developers with a steady stream of compelling product marketing, easy-to-digest demos, great content, and well-oiled distribution
- Grow the community through new tools and events, shareworthy content, participation in new communities, and generally turning Ceramic into a buzzing hub for Web3 developers
- Establish yourself as the trusted contact for developers in our community with questions, issues, ideas, or just a need for a thought partner on their own projects
- Partner with the core engineering team to constantly improve the developer experience, maintaining a strong voice for the developer user in prioritization and design
You'll likely thrive if you...
- Have a strong technical background and are comfortable with IPFS, blockchains, and other fast-changing technologies (you don't need to be the world's best engineer, but do need to be adept on the command line)
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and with an engaging presence -- whether in person, on zoom,or in discord
- Have a knack for distilling signal from noise and simplifying complex concepts
- Get joy from building communities, relationships, and tools that make others successful
- Can systematically identify, prioritize and address the opportunities that will move the needle most on our goals
More About 3Box Labs
We are small and fast, incredibly curious and laser-focused, community-oriented and individually driven. We have founded tech startups, authored books on identity, won awards for outstanding products, advised F100 CEOs, and much more. We believe greatness comes from happy, interested, diverse teams. We've lived in dozens of different countries (and on a sailboat), dropped out of college, finished college, captained varsity athletic teams, attended 10-day meditation retreats, run marathons, cycled thousands of miles per year, and built houses.
We are on the East Coast and Europe, with a digital-first workflow and frequent (and awesome) team retreats.
Ceramic Network: a new protocol for verifiable information on a p2p content network.
IDX: the first cross-platform framework for generative decentralized identity.
3Box: the user and data management suite powering thousands of apps across web3.
We also contribute regularly to other open source projects, including leading distributed technologies like IPFS and Ethereum.
We are intentional about growing a culture that supports the team and each teammate, in our daily work and beyond. Some values embedded in our agile operating model:
Impact: "3Box ships" became a community motto - we deliver tangible results every month.
Intentional action: we are output focused, while being very thoughtful about how we engage, build and relate
Community, Learning, Access, Quality: we embed these in our team, community and products
We are all committed to building a more empowering web where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection rather than platform's network effects. Online experiences can be delightful and integrated without being creepy or dangerous. We are building Web 3.0 - a few peaks down the rabbithole:
Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match. We offer generous equity, flexible learning and travel budget, competitive salary, great healthcare, regular team retreats, travel to fascinating places and events.
We also have unlimited and flexible vacation and travel.
We are in the center of a fast-moving, early, revolutionary ecosystem and want our whole team to take part in that. We set aside funds and time for each of us to be active in the community and a leader in the movement.