Lead DevOps Engineer
New York, NY /
New York, Berlin, Remote
At 3Box Labs we are on a mission to usher in a new era for the web, where data is secure, interactions are trustworthy, and relationships are the basis of connection. We're enabling online experiences that are delightful and integrated while also bolstering privacy and freeing innovation. Our first product, Ceramic, is the building block for composable data on the web and is powering thousands of the world's most ambitious applications.
We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission. We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe, with 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We have founded tech startups, written books, won product awards, authored patents, created Ethereum standards, and advised F100 CEOs. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
Come help us tackle novel challenges and reinvent how data is managed online. Every one of our roles is remote first (retreat often!)
As the Lead DevOps Engineer at 3Box Labs, you will be responsible for leading the team in planning, architecting and execution of the implementation of our platform to serve our scaling decentralized data network. This position reports to CTO and Co-founder, Joel Thorstensson.
Success looks like...
- Serving as leader and expert on DevOps practices while holding teammates accountable, providing mentorship, and implementing best practices for delivering on time. You’ll be prioritizing effectively and leading the platform team to best serve the needs of our engineering teams, our 3Box Labs organization and the growing Ceramic community.
- Architecting flexible infrastructure that serves the diverse needs of one of the largest growing web3 protocols. This includes; simulating network upgrades, running protocol nodes and build pipelines to serve the needs of our core dev teams.
- Scaling our production deployment to support thousands of applications and millions of transactions per seconds at 99.9% uptime.
- Instituting resilient best DevOps practices including testing, continuous deliver, automation, etc. and knowledge sharing within the team through clear documentation, guidelines, best practices, sample code and other components that will help development teams.
You're likely to succeed if you have...
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer / DevOps engineer or equivalent
- 2+ years experience leading and mentoring a skilled Software or DevOps teams
- Shipped large scale infrastructure used in production applications
- Comfortable building infrastructure components from (almost) scratch
- Experience with various infra as code frameworks (e.g. Terraform)
- Worked with multiple different cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Some existing understanding of p2p or Web3 - curiosity to learn counts
- Drive that is result-oriented, are self-motivated, and proactive beyond your duty
- a knack for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and work in a collaborative environment, creative, highly analytical, and strategic thinker.
Care: We work with passionate teammates committed to a shared purpose and support each other to work better and live well.
Act with intention: We are thoughtful doers who put as much into why and how we do something as what we do
Go further, together: Our mission is too big for us alone, we cultivate trust, ask for help, and build momentum together
Drive incredible impact: We aim for massive impact and we deliver.
Benefits and Perks
*Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match.
*Generous equity for everyone
*Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
*Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
*Budgets for learning, thought leadership, and community events
*In person team retreats twice a year