Data Engineer (AWS)
3D Hubs is disrupting manufacturing. We automate design processes for Engineers in the Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics industries. As part of the growing team, 3D Hubs now needs a skilled Data Engineer to design & build the Data architecture that we need for our clients.
Just like our clients you’ll get to build some great things with 3D Hubs, but it will be up to you to carry out changes and maintain what you’ve built. In return you’ll own your projects here, and find yourself working with highly experienced people who are approachable and supportive. Your ideas will be heard, and your hard work will not go unnoticed. We're still just a startup in many ways, and we’re interested in an influx of new ideas to improve our setup as it grows with our company.
If you are curious, motivated and passionate about technology; we would like to hear from you.
Our Data Tech Stack: RDS and Aurora (PostgreSQL) Redshift, Airflow, Segment.io, Mixpanel, Mode Analytics, Machine Learning (Tensorflow), Python(Flask/SQL Alchemy), Rabbit, MQ, Docker, AWS: EC2, S3, SageMaker etc.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build & maintain AWS Data structures (with clean, scalable code)
- Automate Data Extraction from multiple sources
- Work with R&D Team on Machine Learning projects
- Improve decision making at 3D Hubs based on your data
What it takes:
- A Tech Degree; preferably Computer Science or Maths
- Minimum 4 years of experience in SQL & scripting [Python, Ruby, PHP, etc]
- Fluent with ETL practices using diverse Data Sources [Google Analytics, Hubspot, etc.]
- Basic understanding of the AWS Data framework and Redshift
- Fluent English (bonus points for Elvish / Dothraki)
Why people like working @ 3D Hubs
- Working with and learning from the founders of a mature startup in growth mode
- Everyone's an innovator and new creative ideas are embraced every day
- Unlimited 3D printing, design and make your own prints!
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ nationalities (including a dog)
- Awesome office location in the heart of Amsterdam with free lunches and Friday drinks
- Role Level:4yrs Experience
- Location: Frederiksplein, Amsterdam
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Recruiter: Simon@3DHubs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.