Software Test Lead (AWS & Automation)
3D Hubs is disrupting manufacturing. We automate design processes for Engineers in the Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics industries. As part of the growing Engineering team, 3D Hubs now needs its 1st Test Professional to design an Automated Test strategy for our platform and customers.
This is a Process Lead position, not a Team Lead as there's no team (yet). Reporting to the Engineering Director, you'll work closely with our Development Leads to analyse and test the performance of the 3DHubs.com platform, currently used by Engineers in the global Manufacturing industry.
As the Test Lead your main goal will be to keep our Test Infrastructure like our production code - scalable and maintainable. To do this, you will have experience implementing a Test strategy for a complex web-based product. As well as designing and implementing both automated and manual testing strategies, you'll be an integral part of our team working with Product & Engineering to suggest new ideas for improving our platform. When new features are scheduled to be developed and released, you'll will work with the Product team to map out a testing/deployment strategy. And over time as we grow, you will be involved in outlining a Test roadmap with the CTO to hire more Test Engineers.
Our Tech Stack: Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy); AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, etc.; PostgreSQL/Aurora; RabbitMQ, Docker; Git and Github.
What you'll do:
- Design a Test Strategy to be implemented across our suite of products
- Create detailed and comprehensive test plans & test cases for each product
- Design, develop and run testing activities (manual + automated)
- Help us establish the QA process during feature development
- Use CI/CD and Integrate Test Automation in the release process
- Outline a Test roadmap with the Engineering Director to hire more Test Engineers
What it takes:
- Third level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3-5 years experience Testing web-based software products [AWS preferable]
- Some experience with test automation frameworks
- Ability to work quickly but thoroughly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Why people like working @ 3D Hubs
- Working with and learning from the founders of a mature startup in growth mode
- Everyone's an innovator and new creative ideas are embraced every day
- Unlimited 3D printing, design and make your own prints!
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ countries
- Awesome office location in the heart of Amsterdam with free lunches and Friday drinks
- Role Level: 3-5yrs Experience
- Location: Frederiksplein, Amsterdam
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Reporting to: Director of Engineering
- Recruiter: Simon@3DHubs.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.