Senior Backend Engineer
3D Hubs is disrupting manufacturing. We automate design processes for Engineers in the Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics industries. Do you want to help build THE online platform for global manufacturing? This is your chance to join our great team of Engineers and make a difference in our future growth!
As our Senior Backend Engineer you know the right technologies to significantly grow our manufacturing business. You'll be able to rapidly design and/or extend our backend API’s that are used by internal teams and external third parties.
Don't be surprised when you get hit by goosebumps when engineers from NASA or DARPA give you kudos on your latest features, helping them to be more productive and get to market even faster.
Our tech stack: Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy), PostgreSQL/Aurora, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, etc., Git and Github.
What you’ll do:
- Use (mainly) Python to craft features that are groundbreaking and accelerating the entire Additive Manufacturing industry
- Be building an unique experience for engineers, designers, and architects that use 3D printing, CNC and Injection Molding to realize their next big idea.
- Be working with passionate engineers and share your engineering knowledge with the team.
What it takes:
- 7+ years of experience in internet/software companies
- A solid architectural and execution skills and know how to get projects across the finish line
- Great knowledge of Python
- A good grasp of modern back-end solutions
- Worked with various RDBMS (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- An appreciation for a well tested code base
- Thrive in a dynamic, creative and innovation focused environment
- Have solid English skills, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Flask
- Open Source contributions / strong Stackoverflow profile / Github account
Bonus points for:
Why 3D Hubs?
- Opportunity to have impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Career development opportunities that align with the growth of the company
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ nationalities
- Awesome office location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free lunches, unlimited 3D printing and Friday drinks
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.