US Mechanical Engineer (Sales Engineer )
Are you an engineer who wants to help Fortune 500 companies source their prototype and production parts? Are you eager to be part of a company that is changing the face of manufacturing in Chicago? Then this is the perfect adventure for you!
We are looking for an energetic US Sales Engineer to join our team in our new Chicago office. Since we made the change to a B2B manufacturing service we want to ensure our customers are getting the best possible experience when ordering parts! And this is exactly where you come in. As our US Sales Engineer you will work closely with the Sales and Supply Chain teams to offer technical support on all things relating to the manufacturing of 3D printing, CNC and injection moulded parts.
It’s the perfect opportunity if you want to use your technical knowledge and apply that to the real world!
What you'll do:
- Advise the sales team on the manufacturability and technical aspects of orders
- Produce documentation relating to manufacturing standards, quality control and certification
- Source pricing and lead time for orders that are not auto-quoted by 3D Hubs quoting algorithm
- Support the Supply Chain team with order fulfilment
What it takes:
- A degree in mechanical, industrial or design engineering
- A sound understanding of manufacturing materials and processes, particularly CNC machining and injection molding
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to estimate pricing for parts made via CNC and injection molding
- Experience using CAD (Fusion 360 preferred) and the ability to interpret complex technical engineering drawings
- Excellent (English language) communication skills, both in text and speech
- Been living in Chicago or have the desire to move to Chicago
Why 3D Hubs?
- Opportunity to have impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Fast career development opportunities that align with the growth of the company
- Highly competitive compensation and health-insurance benefits
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ nationalities
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.
The Mechanical Engineering Team
I studied mechanical engineering in Germany and started working as a design engineer. I love product design, furniture design and am super passionate about 3D printing and all types of digital manufacturing. In 2013 I decided to leave Germany, and I have been living and working abroad ever since. It has been a very fulfilling experience. I gladly embraced all the challenges that came with it and am happy to have landed in Amsterdam at 3D Hubs where I can put all my skills and expertise to work in a growing company throwing the world of manufacturing upside down.
I see myself as the link between the Sales Team and all the amazing technology accessible via the worldwide network of our manufacturing partners. I check out 3D files and technical drawings from clients from all the different industries from automotive, aerospace to medical companies, and small design studios.
One of the most interesting parts of my job is to deep dive into our clients projects and applications to fully understand how we can take full advantage of manufacturing technology. Working at 3D Hubs is a great experience because the team is just amazing. We are a bunch of thinkers, designers, creators and makers and even the smallest idea will be listened to as we want 3D Hubs to stand out in the crowd.
I’m a Mechanical Engineer who has a passion for product design and manufacturing. I left New Zealand for some adventure and ended up at 3D Hubs!
A typical day for me is to cycle to work, arrive, and begin to assist the sales team to evaluate parts and provide technical support to the client. I love to be working with and learning from engineers from a range of disciplines - I’m able to investigate why they made their parts, these discussions have turbo charged my passion for manufacturing! What’s even more satisfying is having seasoned designers listen to your advice and are delighted when they receive a perfectly functioning part.
The best part of working at 3D Hubs is the people - I can talk to anyone and learn about what they’re doing, get help with my projects or just spin a good yarn by the bar. What’s better is that everyone leaves their ego at the door and all are open to any ideas that can improve the business or themselves. I love this supportive honest, friendly, non-political culture!