DevOps Engineer (AWS)
3D Hubs is disrupting manufacturing. We automate design processes for Engineers in the Aerospace, Automotive and Consumer Electronics industries. As part of the growing team, 3D Hubs now needs a skilled DevOps Engineer to 'disrupt' our infrastructure by automating as much of it as possible.
Just like our clients you’ll get to build some great things with 3D Hubs, but it will be up to you to carry out changes and maintain what you’ve built. In return you’ll own your projects here, and find yourself working with highly experienced people who are approachable and supportive. Your ideas will be heard, and your hard work will not go unnoticed. We're still just a startup in many ways, and we’re interested in an influx of new ideas to improve our setup as it grows with our company. If you are curious, motivated and passionate about technology; we would like to hear from you.
Our tech stack: Python (Flask/SQLAlchemy), PostgreSQL/Aurora, RabbitMQ, Docker, AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, etc., Git and Github.
This is a job for a Software engineer with DevOps experience. Working closely with our CTO you’ll be maintaining and automating deployments into our AWS stack. This is the main component of the role and will involve collaborating with the Software & Machine Learning teams to help build systems based on their needs. You’ll constantly be looking for manual processes to automate, and you’ll have lots of help from them (it’s a very collaborative environment). But along with that exciting stuff comes the everyday support & configuration of the infrastructure: monitoring alerts to ensure SLAs are met; prioritising incidents and running escalation procedures; documentation, etc.
What it takes:
- A Tech Degree; preferably Computer Science but Business IT & other STEM is also cool
- 3 years of experience in Network or SysAdmin positions
- Multi-OS proficiency with deployments, performance tuning, resource allocation
- Experience in writing & maintaining scripts for automated deployment (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of AWS Cloud Services [and by extension EC2, S3, RDS, etc.]
- Some knowledge of CI/CD tools and Version control
What you’ll do:
- Improve and fully automate AWS infrastructure
- Revamp or redefine CI/CD pipelines
- Ensure fast deployments and 0% downtime
- Maintain builds and tests of Docker images on ECS
- 50+ VMs in AWS: ECS is our main tool [4 clusters; 2 staging, 2 production]
- 6 subnets [3 & 3] in single-region deployment
- Prometheus for monitoring & Redshift for data
- Biggest concern(s) for the future : Security & Scalability
Why people like working @ 3D Hubs
- Working with and learning from the founders of a mature startup in growth mode
- Everyone's an innovator and new creative ideas are embraced every day
- Unlimited 3D printing, design and make your own prints!
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ nationalities (including a dog)
- Awesome office location in the heart of Amsterdam with free lunches and Friday drinks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.