Head of Product
Product and Engineering – Product /
Hubbers are doers, makers and hackers.
At Hubs, we empower engineers to create revolutionary products. Manufacturing is notoriously challenging for companies big and small. We’re changing that by making reliable manufacturing methods instantly available to engineers all over the world through our online platform.
If you're looking for a tech scale-up in Amsterdam there are a few to choose from, but none quite with our story. Over the past 8 years, we've built the world's largest distributed manufacturing network and have built the easiest-to-use product for ordering custom parts. We help the companies you know and love to build a better future, from humble startups to big names like Audi, HP, and NASA. Some parts we've produced are floating in space right now.
As our Head of Product, you’ll be responsible for coaching and leading our product team which is made up of 5 autonomous product teams. Together with our Directors of Engineering, you’ll lead our growing product & engineering group of 40+ FTE to have the biggest possible impact on executing our vision.
We maintain a fast-paced development culture that has been focused on results-over-process for the past 8 years. From instant quote to delivery, we make sure our customers get the best experience and our product plays in a key role in that.
Can you lead an empowered product team to build the right tools to help our customers succeed, then hit Apply below.
What you'll do:
- Hands-on managing our product teams, contributing and working alongside the teams in a coaching capacity
- Work directly with our CPO, and Leadership to build a compelling product vision to empower your teams to work on the right projects
- Translate company Vision and metrics into a strong Product Strategy and oversee the successful execution of it
- Define the data driven product development process (all the way from user research, to ideation, design, development, launch and evaluation)
- Acquire an excellent understanding of both our customers and suppliers through user interviews
- 8+ years experience in Product Management, including experience in a scale-up tech environment
- People coaching skills, empowered leadership style
- Customer centric mindset to building software products
- Analytical skills and highly organised, help your teams take data informed decisions
- Good communication skills with a ”can do” attitude toward problem solving
- Experience with marketplace dynamics and/or manufacturing.
- We offer a competitive salary plus a bonus incentive and Protolabs stock options
- Everyone has the opportunity to make an impact from day one, in a high-paced culture to accelerate our growth as we scale!
- You'll join a diverse, international team of 150+ people from (30+ nationalities) growing to 200+ in the next 12 months
- Everyone's a student and teacher with our Career Development Plan, LinkedIn learning platform, Tech Talks, Hackathons, Tech and Product demos, and Innovation Sprints
- Get access to use our global manufacturing network for your own projects
- Free access to Headspace meditation app and Mental-Health Support with OpenUp
- Stay fit and sign up to ClassPass and join colleagues who run, climb, cross fit
- In-house Italian chef (50% vegetarian) and Doggo friendly office
- Incredible office views in the Houthavens, Amsterdam
- Learn more about us on our Life at Hubs Instagram and Jobs Page
Our recruitment process
- Our recruiter will have a quick chat to talk about the role and make sure the job is what you think it is and learn more about your career ambitions
- After that, we'll schedule a call with our current Head of Product, Will for a role related interview and learn about the product teams vision and future growth
- Sounds good? We'll then invite you to meet Co-Founder & CPO, Brian to go over some real product challenges
- Finally, you'll get to meet with some more people in product engineering and those you'll directly mentor in the role, and not forgetting one of our culture ambassadors
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team that feels that they are valued in the workplace. If you’re looking at our page and you do not identify yourself, don't be discouraged to apply. You can help make our company even better. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, mental or physical ability, or any which way you represent yourself. We strongly believe diversity makes for more successful teams.
Hubs (formerly 3D Hubs) is an online platform for custom part manufacturing, providing access to a global network of manufacturing services, including CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, and sheet metal fabrication. Founded in Amsterdam in 2013, Hubs has since produced 7 million parts and was acquired for $280M by Protolabs in January 2021. Hubs continues to operate as an independent company aimed at further unlocking the massive distributed manufacturing opportunity together with Protolabs.