Mechanical Engineering Intern
Do you want to be part of one of the world's fastest growing manufacturing networks? Are you a student or fresh graduate that wants to understand how fortune 500 companies design their prototypes and source their production parts? Are you eager to be part of a company that is changing the face of manufacturing? Then this is the perfect adventure for you!
We are looking for an energetic Intern to join our team in our Amsterdam HQ. You will work closely with the Sales Engineering Team, Sales and Supply Chain teams to offer technical support on all things relating to 3D printing, CNC and injection moulded parts. It’s the perfect opportunity to accelerate your technical knowledge by consulting on an extreme range of manufacturing scenarios (our customers love to throw us a curveball)!
What you'll do:
- Advise the sales team on the manufacturability and technical aspects of orders
- Produce documentation relating to manufacturing standards, quality control and certification
- Source pricing for orders that are not auto-quoted by 3D Hubs quoting algorithm
- Support the Supply Chain team with order fulfilment
What it takes:
- A student completing a Bachelors or Masters degree (mechanical, industrial or design engineering or similar)
- Skills to proactively identify issues and solve them before they can become a problem
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time management with a desire to improve efficiency and workflows
- Availability for an internship of 6 months minimum
- Excellent (English language) communication skills, both in text and speech
- A sound understanding of manufacturing materials and processes, particularly CNC machining and injection molding
- Practical experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using CAD (Fusion 360 preferred)
- The ability to interpret complex technical engineering drawings
Why 3D Hubs?
- €500 per month compensation
- Opportunity to take real responsibility in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Career development opportunities that align with the growth of the company
- Dynamic, international team of 60+ people from 30+ nationalities
- Awesome office location in the heart of Amsterdam
- Free lunches, unlimited 3D printing and team bonding over Friday drinks
- Learn more about us on Office Instagram and Careers page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.