Head of People
HR & Recruitment
3D Hubs makes high-quality manufacturing methods instantly accessible to engineers all over the world. And it doesn’t stop there. Following our 2019 $18M series C funding we'll continue to innovate the way we make things. Behind our scenes, there’s a team of 80 ambitious and driven 3D Hubbers, split between our Amsterdam HQ and Chicago office. Our next goal: Double the team in a year while keeping our friendly, easygoing atmosphere and supportive company culture. Are you ready to take the lead in this challenge? Then this is for you!
In the exciting time of fast growth, we believe that hiring and retaining talent is key. Our HR vision is to build an environment where our employees can do the best work of their lifetime. We’ve got a roadmap filled to the brim with awesome ideas to set people up for success. With our upcoming office move to the Houthavens, we want to double down on balancing employee happiness and productivity and are constantly on the hunt to raise the HR bar higher. This is where you would come in.
As our Head of People, you’ll be leading the HR, Recruitment and Operations team (5 people currently and growing). You will be in charge of the overall office atmosphere, maintaining and growing our company culture, organizational planning (governance, OKRs etc.), compensation and benefits, employee happiness and engagement, performance management, training and development. In short: the whole employee experience. On a daily basis, you will report to Brian Garret our co-founder and CPO, besides that you’ll work closely with the Management Team and translate ideas to policies and processes.
To be successful in this role you’ll need high energy and a getting things done attitude mixed with a big dose of empathy and great people skills. You should have experience in managing a small team and advising managers on people matters.
Are you driven by unlocking people's talent and potential? Hit apply below!
What you'll do:
- Organizational planning and guarding the hiring roadmap which aligns priorities with business objectives;
- Develop and execute innovative recruitment strategies and optimize processes for hiring top-quality talent;
- Work with leadership on engaging and nurturing our people, via benefits, training, performance management, and diversity and inclusion programs;
- Ensure all employees are set up for long-term success at the company by listening and responding to their aspirations and concerns;
- Be a culture ambassador for 3D Hubs internally and externally, ensure our current and prospective employees embody our culture and values;
- Work closely with our co-founder & CPO and the HR/Recruitment/Operations team on HR initiatives and lead the operational part of HR, including employee policies, remuneration, benefits, and contracts.
What it takes:
- 6+ years of experience in a broad HR role, such as HRBP or HR Generalist in an international environment;
- Experience with recruitment and organizational planning for scaling from 100 to +250 employees
- The ability to identify issues impeding team and individual growth and a sense for how to fix those problems;
- Practical ideas on engaging the team and enriching our culture coupled with the willingness to roll up your sleeves and implement those ideas;
- Energetic and proactive approach;
- Strong interpersonal skills, excel at relationship building;
- A team player, you believe in winning together;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with remote teams (We have a team in the US, France, Germany, UK and NL)
- Fluency in Dutch
Why 3D Hubs?
- Opportunity to have impact in a high paced culture and accelerate our growth
- Dynamic, international team of 80+ people from (30+ nationalities), growing to 100+ this year
- Awesome office location in the Amsterdam Houthavens (as of October 2019)
- Free healthy lunches and team bonding over Friday events
- Learn more about us on our Office Instagram and Careers page
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
The story of 3D Hubs
3D Hubs makes manufacturing easy from prototyping to production. The online platform provides readily available production capacity for the fastest lead times and most price-competitive parts. Simply upload designs to receive instant quotes for 3D printing, CNC machining and Injection Molding. 3D Hubs’ automated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis detects any potential issues before production begins, eliminating risk for customers.
Founded in 2013, 3D Hubs has produced more than 2,000,000 parts, serving engineering companies of all sizes.