Senior Backend Developer - Java
General Costa Rica – Heredia /
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to be part of the Product Engineering team. The candidate should have good experience with Java technologies and experience in developing and maintaining one or more of the customized products for our clients in an innovative and deadline driven environment. The candidate is responsible for the success of a project by delivering components that exhibit strong competency in one or more core technology and conversance with best practices.
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- Good at requirement analysis, Coding, design, implementation, testing, problem analysis and resolution, and technical documentation.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in architecture and determine simpler and optimal programming solutions.
- Experience on exception handling, correct usage of data structures, multi-threaded programming, memory management and application tuning.
- Strong ability to creatively define load tests, troubleshoot performance and build scalable solutions.
- Understands technical requirements and how they relate and familiarity in general performance practices like caching, query optimization, memory utilization and clean-up etc.
- Optimizes delivery, meet deadlines, and deliver results.
- Understands complimentary product development capabilities and the interactions between disciplines.
- Participates in holistic discussions about the broader product development lifecycle,
- Watches for triggering events, including changes within the organization or outside world that provide opportunities or create risks for 3Pillar.
- Develops strong relationships with client personnel working directly on the account.
- Should have familiarity in agile methodology and should be proficient in participating in the standup and handling tasks workflow.
- Expertise with Java.
- SQL expertise. The ability to write complex SQL queries as well as the ability to help others build and tune their SQL statements.
- Experience with building data pipelines and applications to stream and process datasets at low latencies.
- Working knowledge of DW scheme design, other forms of data modeling, as well as query optimization.
- Understanding of ETL methodologies and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures including the concepts, designs, and usage of data warehouses and data marts.
- Experience working in a fully virtualized cloud environment including cloud-based IaaS/SaaS/PaaS solutions.
- Demonstrated results teaming with business and analysts to provide timely and accurate data sources for reporting.
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and NoSQL (to name a few).
- Experience with the analytics presentation layer (Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP) is expected.
- Beach House.
- “Aseisthmus”(after 3 months you can be part of the “Asociación Solidarista”).
- Certifications( Microsoft .NET , Java, Scrum).
- Agreements with Costa Rican Universities.
- Day off (Maternity and paternity leave, Breavement, Graduation, Marriage).
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Isthmus Learning (courses, certifications, Tech training).
- Wellness Program (Medical service, Psychologist, gymnastics agreements, outdoor activities, financial talks and Soft Skills development).
- Isthmus Green (volunteer activities: beach cleaning, river cleaning, tree planting, recycling program).
- Isthmus Applause (recognitions per outstanding performance, anniversary, peer to peer).