Senior Sales Executive - Information Services
United States /
United States – Commercial /
WE ARE 3PILLAR GLOBAL
At 3Pillar, culture is more than a buzzword. The power of culture, teamwork, and open collaboration drive our commitment to building breakthrough software solutions that power digital businesses. Our passion for products has gained us recognition in some of software’s most innovative spaces, including a spot on the Inc. 5000 list ten times, an Institute of Excellence in Sales (IES) Premier Sales Employer winner, a three-time winner of the Washington Post Top Workplaces Award, and notable features in Forbes, Fortune, and the Washington Business Journal.
We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail. Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve for Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
At 3Pillar, our core values – Intrinsic Dignity, Outsized Impact, Open Collaboration, and Continuous Improvement – drive our commitment to providing best in class product development services to high growth businesses across the globe. We’ve spent more than fifteen years building innovative software solutions. Our executive team has always held our values to the highest standard which has led to active participation on the Forbes Tech Council, a winner of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and a spot on the Washington Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business list.
WE WANT YOU
We are looking for a sales professional with a hunter mentality. You love to build rapport with new prospects, understand what drives their needs, and ensure 3Pillar Global proposed solutions result in a win-win. You are able to drive business conversations that focus on outcomes and help clients build business cases that realize those outcomes. You connect, network, build relationships, and are an ambassador of our brand. Your focus will be identifying and closing new economic buyers within new client opportunities and your assigned target accounts and developing our messaging and point of view on how we become a trusted partner in creating digital software products for those clients.
Sales Executive Duties
- Portfolio Alignment: You will focus on assigned Enterprise accounts in an industry based portfolio, and 90%+ of your time on driving conversations with net new prospects and new economic buyers in existing accounts. You will be responsible to deliver a minimum of $6M+ of new business annually. You are local to the prospect/client and meet in person with the prospect/client frequently. You will be asked to work closely with Engagement Directors on existing accounts to drive conversations with new economic buyers. You will report to the SVP of Sales and be measured on activity, opportunity pipeline, and sales bookings. Sales bookings will drive your variable compensation plan.
- Drive Prospecting Activity: Allocate time daily to build relationships with new greenfield prospects and existing clients. Generate your own leads through cold calling, blitzing, research, networking, and any other means necessary, driving your territory as aligned to portfolio. Use prospecting tools effectively, including phone, email, sales automation tools, LinkedIn, etc. Leverage prospecting techniques to increase the number of conversations. Achieve meetings with prospects - working hard to create and establish connections, and regularly “get to yes” when asking to meet with new prospects. You are fearless in asking your network and clients for references and introductions.
- Engage as a Trusted Advisor and Thought Leader: You build strong executive relationships with clients and are responsible for providing insight about how 3Pillar Global can help them drive and improve their business outcomes. Aligned to your matrixed portfolio, provide industry thought leadership and perspective to clients that establish you as the go-to partner to discuss how they achieve their business goals. Collaborate with partners in our Industry Portfolios and Product Development to represent the best of 3Pillar Global to prospects and clients, advocating internally and externally.
- Build and Grow Pipeline: Quickly identify and prioritize quality potential new clients by developing meetings into identified pipeline. Clearly articulate the needs of the prospect/client, build trust with them and position our team to propose how we can work to solve that need. Consistently build and refresh the pipeline by qualifying deals through each stage of the sales cycle. Field inbound leads with the ability to quickly identify and reach decision makers. Navigate internal political structures in a way that results in introductions and opportunities to connect with key decision makers.
- Qualify Deals: Accurately pinpoint prospect/client needs, exercising exceptional judgment in asking the right questions, creating and presenting sound business hypotheses, exhibiting genuine curiosity, and ultimately building a solid understanding of what your client wants and what they don’t. You integrate Engagement Leaders into the pursuit and give them context for the prospect/client as you work together to position a solution. You manage the qualification of the deal through the sales stages and validate that prospects/clients have the will, the means, the sponsorship, and a compelling reason to act.
- Manage Pursuits: An exceptional team player - you rally and lead the pursuit team through the sales process, convey the prospects/clients’ wants and needs accurately, remain laser focused on what will solve your prospects/clients pain point, and ensure that the pursuit process balances quality and expediency. You position the proposal, usher proposals through the process, and ensure proposals speak the clients language, provide the value they seek, and adhere to 3Pilar’s messaging and brand standards. You will collaborate with Engagement Leaders who are ultimately responsible for structuring and solutioning the engagement.
- Close Deals: You are a tenacious seller and you don’t let go until you get to yes. You drive for results and you love to win, but you know winning takes discipline. You manage the prospect/client and our internal process simultaneously and drive communication on how we finalize our solution, contract, negotiate, and get the work started. You broker relationships with the prospect/client so that Engagement Leaders are set up for success in delivering business outcomes.
- Ensure Data Hygiene: You are responsible for your book of business including data hygiene, inclusive of (but not limited to), prospecting volume, pipeline activity, qualification, forecast accuracy, campaign/event, activity/logging and prospect/client account level data, etc.
- Seasoned Professional: You organize and balance activities appropriately (prospecting, selling, pursuit management) and exercise exceptional judgment in making tradeoffs that drive tangible results. You provide the voice of the prospect/client and industry to our internal teams and help us align our messaging and offerings to what prospects/clients want to buy. You accurately forecast your business and keep systems updated with relevant information about your prospects/clients
Key Competencies and Skills
- Proven hunting mentality that leads to results through an activity driven approach.
- Experience using digital tools for prospecting and engagement.
- Build and execute multi-level account plans - Know what must be done and why, have and follow clear action plans, determine possible obstacles and overcome them, reevaluate regularly to ensure goals are met.
- Prospecting Expertise: Finding needs in the marketplace keeps the pipeline full of potential customers for new business. It’s essential to research industries, uncover the main friction points, and define the ideal customer profile. Ability to comprehend various businesses and the related challenges of the sectors, a talent for asking the right questions, even the tough ones, and get prospects to “quantify the pain.”
- Hold a Confident Posture: Has a strong self-image that is not rocked by hearing “no”. Able to fail and use it to drive future success. Asks tough questions and won’t accept unclear statements. Drives to clarity. Creates good up-front mutual agreements.
- Build Rapport: Displays sincerity, trust, believability, and warmth. Helps prospects/clients to open up, and becomes a thought partner. Builds inside “sources” (coaches, champions) in accounts.
- Discover why Prospects Buy: Understand prospect’s business and related pain points. Has internalized “issue finding” “discovery and motivation” questions. Is not afraid to ask tough questions and to help prospects get to the root of their “pain” that is driving the need for our services.
- Qualify Proposals: Makes sure that they understand all key players and decision criteria, and continuously influence decision making. Deeply understands where 3Pillar Global stands, and where we could win or lose the deal. Understands the decision making process, timeline and competition, and helps coach pursuit teams to success.
- Demonstrate industry experience and product knowledge.
- Exhibit exceptional lateral, upward, and downward influence - creating strong teams and partnership to deliver great results together.
- Exhibit positive energy and a get-it-done attitude.
- Communicate clearly and motivate others as a leader with passion for the business
- Eight (8) years of selling experience with a proven track record of attracting, engaging, and securing new economic buyers
- Four (4) years of selling experience in services or software or IT management experience, including one (1) year in a client services / technology consulting (mobile applications, mobile web, big data, web, other)
- Must be knowledgeable in the latest product development, technology and advanced analytics trends in the [portfolio specific] industry and be able to speak intelligently on those topics
- Strong business management acumen understanding market and industry technology trends
- Proven ability to identify business opportunities and position technology project investments
- Project management, planning, and organizational skills
- Experience working with a globally distributed product teams and a matrixed organization
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
3Pillar Benefits, What We Offer:
- Employer funded medical plan for employees and their dependents.
- Employer funded dental plan for employees and their dependents.
- 401K retirement savings plan with 100% match of the first 3% of employee contributions and 50% of the next 2%.
- Company paid disability and life insurance and the option to purchase additional coverage for yourself and family.
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- 12 Company paid Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave
- Global Health and Wellness Program (Coming in 2022)
3Pillar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.