SQL Server DBA
General Costa Rica – Heredia /
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- Provide DBA expertise and best practices to scale and optimize database infrastructure.
- Manage MySQL (but not limited to) databases in production/QA/dev environments including the installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades, schema changes, etc.
- Ensure DB infrastructure data integrity and identify potential data errors.
- Implement and maintain database health monitoring, diagnostics, auditing, and alert systems.
- Maintain and update automated DB backup and recovery architecture.
- Manage and administer site to site DB data replication.
- Provide support to various teams regarding DB/query tuning and performance, data modeling, schema design and review.
- Document and update procedures and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database problems.
- Participate in on-call rotation for critical issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Science or any related field.
- Between 4 to 7 years of experience.
- Strong Experience with MSSQL server administration.
- Experience in:
- Advanced English, written and spoken.
- 4 to 7 years of experience in technical leadership roles, driving innovative solutions (Preferred).
- Agile methodology (SCRUM) experience, (SAFe would be ideal) (Preferred).
-SQL Server Availability group and clustering.
-SQL server partitioning.
-SQL Server performance tuning.
-SQL Server DBA level work.
-SQL Server transactional replication.
- Beach House.
- “Aseisthmus”(after 3 months you can be part of the “Asociación Solidarista”.
- Certifications (Microsoft .NET, Java, Scrum).
- Agreements with Costa Rican Universities.
- Day off (Maternity and paternity leave, Breavement, Graduation, Marriage).
- Team Building.
- Learning and Development CR (courses, certifications, Tech training).
- Wellness Program (Medical service, Psychologist, gymnastics agreements, outdoor activities, financial talks and Soft Skills development).
- Isthmus Green (volunteer activities: beach cleaning, river cleaning, tree planting, recycling program).
- Isthmus Applause (recognitions per outstanding performance, anniversary, peer to peer).