Mexico – Product Development /
3Pillar Global is searching for a Engineering Manager to help create outstanding digital products for our clients.
As an Engineering Manager at 3Pillar Global, you’ll have the opportunity to take an active role in supporting a portfolio of clients within one of our three verticals: Data & Insights; Media, or Software & Platforms. You’ll also act as the escalation point for business-critical matters.
Location: Remote within Mexico.
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- The Engineering Manager leads high-performing teams to execute software delivery in a nearshore model that delights our clients through a sustained outstanding Product Development experience. The EM must gain a detailed understanding of the 3Pillar Customer and their desired business outcomes and align the engineering and delivery teams with those outcomes. Deep knowledge and experience of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), is vital to success. The EM will combine Agile expertise, people leadership, engineering processes, and technical practices to deliver outstanding outcomes for 3Pillar customers.
- Primary contact for the execution of the Nearshore Delivery model.
- Understands the client’s business strategy and objectives as it relates to the product being developed; ensures that the client’s expectations are met or exceeded. Leads the team to develop this understanding.
- Display expertise on agile development models and ensure alignment with APLM.
- Facilitate new projects ramp-up: plan transition/discovery phases, responsible for producing all supporting artifacts, and make the proper arrangements.
- Ensure the delivery of services with the appropriate level of quality, technical standards, time, scope, and budget.
- Proactively detect areas of improvement and generate action plans as part of continuous improvement efforts.
- Manage the team in producing working software for each iteration by the team’s commitments.
- Helps the team follow its defined process, and leads process improvement efforts.
- Leads the team in evolving a product mindset, using our strengths to drive innovation in addressing our customers’ needs.
- Ensure deadlines are met and provide visibility to the customer about progress and any deviation.
- Manage client governance Bi-weekly/monthly meetings/Quarterly Business Reviews with the client to review project status.
- Oversees the completion of stories, ensuring that the team understands what “Done” means for each story.
- Communicates effectively within the team and with all stakeholders by providing high-quality visibility into planned and actual deliverables.
- Works closely with the Client Services team to ensure a good resource mix for the team ensuring customer delight and at the same time enabling the team to grow within the organization.
- Proactively work with the customer to deliver against product release cycles. This includes understanding product requirements, business requirements, budget constraints, and deadlines.
- Help the customer to organize the backlog, create a roadmap, and/or define the timeframe of the release or releases that are needed based on services hired and team configuration.
- Understand customer needs and ability to provide options and solutions to meet customer expectations and mitigate any risks.
- Responsible for assembling and managing a high-performing software engineering team.
- Implements and manages 3Pillar employee engagement activities including regular reviews, setting quarterly priorities, and career planning.
- Accountable for execution and follow-up of any necessary performance improvement plans related to delivery success, team interactions, and adherence to 3Pillar values.
- Identify growth opportunities for people based on business and 3Pillar needs.
- Experience and knowledge in creating and managing actionable backlogs.
- Ability to write detailed user stories in an Agile development team.
- Transform business requirements into a solution proposal and estimated work breakdown plan.
- Capable to consult the client on SDLC inefficiencies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all client stakeholders, become the primary go-to delivery person on all project matters.
- Identify and propose to the client project improvements.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in a Software Development Management role.
- 7+ years of experience leading the delivery of large-scale agile enterprise program/project engagements in professional services or consulting environments.
- A thorough understanding of how to plan, resource, and deliver large projects.
- 100% hiring Model
- 22 days off per year starting from day one.
- 26 days of Christmas bonus
- Vacation bonus above the law
- Food coupons
- Major medical insurance
- Life Insurance (optional)
- Savings box (optional)
- Law benefits: IMSS, Afore, Infonavit.
- Career plan that will let you grow and plan for the future
- Home Office and flexible working schedule
- Internal trainings
- Support with external trainings and certifications
- Referrals bonus