Business Systems Analyst
Canada – Product Development /
We are Jonah Group, a 3PILLAR GLOBAL Company
Jonah has produced high quality commercial systems for the banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance and pension plan industries (to name a few). We design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. Working alongside our team of software specialists, you’ll have the opportunity to develop applications that are dynamic, scalable, and technically complex.
- Provide direction to ensure understanding of business goals and deliverables.
- Engage with the Business Leads and expert SMEs to understand and document factors and use cases.
- Respond to clarifications asked by application developers.
- Assess client needs by utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.
- Develop, write, and communicate business requirements and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Analyze customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Assist in business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Provide factual content to examine feasibility for standard development projects and enhancements and assistance in business case development (i.e., research, data collection), as needed.
- Work with the Test Leads to ensure that stories are testable and to coordinate requirements for successful UAT and SIT.
- Develop user test cases and system integration testing and validate test results during testing.
- Review and approve test plans and monitor the testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
- Investigate, resolve and escalate problems. Procure technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Manage customers’ expectations.
- 7+ years of proven experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Data Analyst or Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated experience integrating with Facets or other claims processing solutions.
- Experience with Business Process Management Solutions such as Macess (BPM) is nice-to-have.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize large amounts of detailed information.
- Proficient in various requirement analysis, modeling, and documentation techniques (e.g., business process modeling, use cases / user stories, data flow diagrams, data interrogation, data mapping, etc.)
- Proven experience with various project delivery methodologies.
- Prior knowledge building and executing test plans and cases for the transformation and movement of complex data between sources and destinations.
- Proficient with data analysis tools.
- Material familiarity and experience with the underlying business model and data related to the engagement (e.g., healthcare, financial, retail, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of software development architectures and the entire software development lifecycle.
- Able to write SQL queries.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- You are professional and fun to work with
- You are collaborative
- You are able to facilitate business and technical discussions
- You are able to adapt to diverse client environments
- You are empathetic to customer needs
- You have a track record of great teamwork
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you'll look forward
- Free food and beverages during events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)