Java Technical Lead
General Costa Rica – Heredia /
Our team is growing and we are looking for a Java Technical Lead to join our team.
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- Maintains an open, mutual and respected relationship with clients, stakeholders and team members.
- Is one of the main contributors to planning sessions, team meetings, and other “rituals,” such as the daily standup, iteration planning, iteration kickoff, iteration review, and retrospectives.
- Works proactively to understand project backlog of work for one or more sprints ahead asking for clarity of requirements and acceptance criteria where required.
- Helps removes roadblocks to delivery success. Helps the other team members to follow the defined process, and contributes to process improvement efforts.
- Understands the client’s business strategy and objectives as it relates to the product being developed; taking all the actions required to meet or exceed client’s expectations.
- Communicates effectively within the team and with all stakeholders by providing high-quality visibility into planned and actual deliverables.
- Proactively communicates feedback and issues to the client and works with appropriate individuals to do so.
- Collaborates with senior team members (EM/TM) to communicate project risks to client.
- Is a model developer, with sharp coding skills and a passion for excellence.
- Leads the coding, architecture and design activities, and helps with requirements, analysis and testing as needed
- Hadoop/Spark. Strong Java/J2EE development experience with demonstrated ability to develop and troubleshoot large mission applications & software products.
- Excellent exposure in Object Oriented Design skills using Java/J2ee along with:
- Core Java language (collections, concurrency/multithreading).
- Web Technologies (Struts/Struts 2, Spring (IOP, MVC, AOP),
- Hibernate, JSP, Web services).
- Database optimization and profiling.
- EIP, Core/JEE/Integration Design patterns/UML.
- Exposure on no SQL, in-memory databases, scaled architectures.
- Hands on knowledge of Unit Testing.
- Good hands on experience with RDBMS like MySQL/Oracle with ability to write SQL Queries/Stored Procedures/Triggers/Joins/View etc.
- Practical application of software product development standards and methodologies including Agile, XP, Kanban, and UML.
- Ability to apply design patterns consistently and also accurate when building per design requirements.
- Good experience in source control, unit testing, code verification, static code analysis, , documentation, automated build, continuous integration, metrics, and code reviews.
- Must have some experience with a Cloud provider (like AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required to effectively engage internal stakeholders and their technical representatives
- Beach House.
- “Aseisthmus”(after 3 months you can be part of the “Asociación Solidarista”).
- Certifications( Microsoft .NET , Java, Scrum).
- Agreements with Costa Rican Universities.
- Day off (Maternity and paternity leave, Bereavement, Graduation, Marriage).
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Isthmus Learning (courses, certifications, Tech training).
- Wellness Program (Medical service, Psychologist, gymnastics agreements, outdoor activities, financial talks and Soft Skills development).
- Isthmus Green (volunteer activities: beach cleaning, river cleaning, tree planting, recycling program).
- Isthmus Applause (recognitions per outstanding performance, anniversary, peer to peer.