Senior Director/ Director, Engineering Practice Leader
Product Development – Product Development /
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
We are looking for a leader in our Product Development team as am Engineering Practice Director, to reinforce, strengthen, and expand our expertise within the practice.
At 3Pillar, we believe client success comes from our steadfast pursuit of client business outcomes and is delivered through our exceptional product development team globally. As the Engineering Practice Director, you will have oversight for ensuring that The Practice accelerates our delivery of exceptional products by attracting, retaining and growing a team of experts, promoting your practice internally and externally to the market, and ensuring practice profitability according to defined metrics for success.
Results are a must! Success in your role will be measured via maximizing billable utilization while at the same time ever increasing client satisfaction with your practice. You will be successful in this role by delivering product excellence through the individual contributor talent in your practice who are embedded in client projects.
Practice Director Key Responsibilities
- Define and drive Practice Excellence: You will define, uphold and elevate standards, competencies and capabilities in the Engineering practice, to align with 3Pillar’s go-to-market strategy. This includes assessing and building the needed capabilities and skills within your practice that ensure team members continuously enhance their technical, delivery and client delight capability. It also involves an active role in refining talent attraction strategies and market presence to support getting new talent in your practice. As the leader of our largest practice, you must think in terms of scalability. Your ability to deliver process and system based efficiencies to manage the practice will set you apart in this role. You will be highly collaborative with other internal stakeholders to ensure you are delivering excellent practitioners to engagements and upholding a reputation of excellence.
- Proactively promote the practice to the market & to 3Pillar sales: You will own the definition of the Go-to-Market value proposition for the capabilities of the practice and will collaborate with Senior Leaders to refine and enhance your approach. You relentlessly connect with business and engagement stakeholders to advise, consult & solution on behalf of the practice. You build your presence as a thought leader and are visible as an expert both internally and externally. Strong internal and external communication skills are a must.
- Drive Practice profitability: You are fully accountable for the profitability of the practice and to do your part to meet or exceed the company and client by client margin objectives as approved through Commercial Governance by Delivery Leadership. You work consistently with internal stakeholders to increase opportunities for the practice and to scale it according to 3Pillar’s strategy. You proactively manage the practice’s unallocated team members according to 3Pillar’s programs & policies.
- Build a High-Performing Team: At 3Pillar, we hire for excellence. You will hone the skill and capability of your global team of Directors, Managers and Individual Contributors to deliver client delight in every engagement profitability, while building bridges across 3Pillar. You will cast a compelling vision, for team members to accelerate their development, and build a practice that delivers quality talent and client delight in every engagement. You will be measured on team business outcomes, margin attainment and profitability, client delight re: resource quality, performance, and engagement.At 3Pillar, we lead global teams - which means you must have a demonstrated aptitude for working across cultures and bringing people together. You will set expectations, accountability and training for account leaders to ensure consistency in team health and engagement practices.
Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills
- Demonstrated practice expertise
- Ability to create systems and processes for the practice that will scale
- Demonstrated ability to delivery to margin, profitability and utilization targets
- Demonstrated experience or ability to learn industry specific drivers of product success
- Executive level consulting, influencing, and internal and external communication skills
- Aligning client expectations with delivery capabilities
- Operational approach to delivery accountability
- Servant leader - skilled at building and managing high performing account teams
To fulfill this role, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications
- 7-10 years of relevant product leadership experience, with a proven track record of successfully delivering products
- 5-7 years of managerial experience providing successful oversight to multiple major products at target margins and profitability
- 3 years of consulting experience, preferably in a professional services firm or in an internal consultancy to executive stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will likely have the following experience
- 5 years experience hiring, managing, and developing product managers (individual contributors and people managers)
- Experience influencing senior executives and technical leaders and managing stakeholder expectations for partnership and delivery
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions and drive change
- Demonstrated partnership with technical and business stakeholders - balancing technical needs with business outcomes, and speaking the language of diverse stakeholders
- Expectation for travel up to 20% of the time - meeting with client stakeholders and teams, and supporting sales in pursuits
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, beneficial but not required
- Flexible working hours,
- Work from home or from the office (Brno, Olomouc, Ostrava),
- Pet-friendly office 🐶🐢,
- Family-friendly office,
- An extra week of holiday (25 days/year),
- Extra time to compensate public holidays on weekends,
- Company devices,
- Wellbeing program (psychotherapist, mental health program)
- Free refreshments (water, coffee, tea, milk available in the office),
- Meal allowance,
- Employee tariff (discounts for employee’s family members and friends),
- Team building activities,
- You can use a company 3D printer,
- English courses in working hours,
- Training and qualification opportunities,
- Better price for Multisport Card,
- Business trips