Product Development Director
Product Development – Product Development /
3Pillar Global builds breakthrough software products that power digital businesses, and we are looking for a Product Development Director to provide governance and product delivery oversight for 3Pillar Global accounts and manage 1-2 high-priority engagements directly - to ensure that we drive excellence within product delivery. This role will report to the Enterprise Product Development Director for [Industry(s)] and support accounts across the portfolio.
At 3Pillar, we believe client delight comes from our steadfast pursuit of client business outcomes and is delivered through exceptional product development teams globally. As the Product Development [Director / Sr Manager], you will have oversight for client satisfaction and delivery within a set of accounts, and build confidence in our client and product teams re: our ability to deliver exceptional products. You are accountable for governance in your portfolio of accounts - escalating to the Enterprise Product Development Director for Delivery support, as well as reaching across the aisle to Client Services to bring visibility to client escalations and communicate new offerings /resource needs that Client Services should pursue. You will lead a globally distributed team to deliver exceptional products that deliver business changing results.
Results are a must! Success in your role will be measured via Delivery scorecards tied to account outcomes and client satisfaction, as well as revenue realization and direct margin targets. This role is expected to be at least 50% billable, and up to 100% when client requirements dictate.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Managing Client Outcomes and Satisfaction: Using an established account governance framework, you will proactively and successfully monitor and manage client issues and escalations for your portfolio of accounts. You will lead - directly and through influence - delivery relationships across the industry, and partner closely with Client Partners and Sales Executives, through existing governance processes that you are responsible for, to highlight opportunities within existing clients, and onboard additional contracted roles to engagements. You must keep clients, economic buyers, and client teams informed on project progress, objectives and insights, and will be accountable for delivering exceptional high quality products to meet our clients’ business outcomes. You will work closely with Practice Leaders and Teaming to build high performing teams, and use metrics and governance as a method for identifying issues and opportunities.
- Managing Strategic or High Risk Accounts: In addition to your oversight role, you will lead strategic business reviews for 3-6 strategic accounts, and manage 1-2 engagements directly. You must be a strategic doer - able to lead strategically across your portfolio, while also delivering engagement specific results.
- Leading a High Performing Team: At 3Pillar, we hire for excellence. You will hone the skill and capability of your global team of Managers and Individual Contributors to deliver high performance on engagements, and in building bridges across 3Pillar. You will cast a compelling vision, connect the dots, craft plans and ensure accountability, while building an environment of trust and accountability. At 3Pillar, we lead global teams - which means you must have a demonstrated aptitude for working across cultures and bringing people together.
- Client Solutioning: Using your extensive background in product development, and understanding of 3Pillar solutions, you will consult with and expertly solution technical needs on designated pursuits, led by sales. You will work with solutioning and practices to define the technical needs for the engagement, client staffing needs, and successfully ramp up new engagements with clients.
- Success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Full-cycle product development expertise
- Demonstrated experience or ability to learn industry specific drivers of product success
- Leading customer success - demonstrating ability to recognize opportunities to improve client outcomes and communicate these to the client
- Familiarity with organizational maturity and related transformation models
- Executive level written and verbal communication skills - including demonstrated experience leading live client presentations that aid in sales and strengthen the client relationship
- Expert collaborator - ability to advocate for and align on delivery goals and priorities while balancing the needs and priorities of New Account Sales, Client Services, and other internal teams
- Expectation management
- Data-minded and methodical approach to delivery accountability
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- 10+ years of relevant product leadership experience, with a proven track record of successfully launching products
- 3-5 years of managerial experience providing successful oversight to multiple major products
- 2 years of consulting experience, preferably in a professional services firm or in an internal consultancy to executive stakeholders
- To be successful in this role, you will likely have the following experience:
- 3 years experience hiring, managing, and developing product managers (individual contributors and people managers)
- Experience influencing senior executives and technical leaders and managing stakeholder expectations for partnership and delivery
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions and drive change
- Demonstrated partnership with technical and business stakeholders - balancing technical needs with business outcomes, and speaking the language of diverse stakeholders
- Expectation for travel up to 20% of the time - meeting with client stakeholders and teams, and supporting sales in pursuits. Occasional global travel.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, beneficial but not required
- At 3Pillar Global, we are the power behind the brands you know. We are hiring new team members to assist us in continuing our growth trajectory as a fast growing global team of Thousands of professionals. New Leaders will live our shared values of Intrinsic Dignity, Open Collaboration, Outsized Impact, and Continuous Improvement everyday to harness The Power of Team and deliver exceptional products and services for our clients.
- We support the comprehensive wellbeing of our team members, through:
- Career growth and development
- Physical and mental wellbeing: as a company, we spend a whole trimester in our annual cycle focused on wellbeing. Whether it is taking advantage of fitness offerings, mental health plans (country-dependent), or simply leveraging unlimited PTO to take some needed time off, we want all of our team members operating at their best.
- Living our value for Intrinsic Dignity as an equal opportunity employer.
- Check out our Linkedin site and Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to be part of our #oneteam!