Senior Database Developer
Canada – Product Development /
We are Jonah Group, a 3PILLAR GLOBAL Company
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- Work on complex projects and independently execute analyses of operational healthcare data
- Translate technical results into answers for healthcare business needs, applying a strong understanding of healthcare industry when creating those solutions.
- Work closely with team members to fully understand the business question and source associated data required for a solution.
- Execute work efficiently, bringing forward process enhancements with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Advanced Data Analytics.
- Proficient in advanced functions in SQL against at least one (but preferably multiple) relational databases i.e., MS SQL Server and / or Oracle
- Advanced understanding of data warehousing and data mining concepts such as: DataMart design, fact tables, dimension tables, data views within data marts/data warehouses, data models such as star schemas and snowflake schemas.
- Ability to recognize data patterns, quantify potential issues and identify solutions.
- Ability to standardize, harmonize, clean, prepare and use data for developing datasets, reporting and analysis.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis to understand business requirements. Provide direction for short and long-term solutions and provide the team direction to ensure understanding of business goals and direction. Provide input from a business and IT perspective.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- Healthcare Experience
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, and scripting languages: Python or Scala
- Stored procedure coding skills
- Graphical ETL tool skills in at least one of SSIS (preferred), Informatica.
- Azure Data Factory experience
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft tools and software (i.e., Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint)
- Display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions.
- Written and verbal communication skills interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Isthmus Learning (courses, certifications, Tech training).
- Wellness Program (Medical service, Psychologist, gymnastics agreements, outdoor activities, financial talks and Soft Skills development).
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you'll look forward
- Free food and beverages during events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)