Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Pipeline Costa Rica – Heredia /
Do you enjoy collaborating with teams to solve challenging puzzles? Are you passionate about working with large data sets? If so, join our team. As a Business Intelligence Specialist, you will work daily with the operations and product leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to improving the product for our customers and evaluating financial performance. The role covers a broad spectrum of responsibilities, from reporting to strategic analysis. This won't be a monotonous job - the business challenges are constant, and the solutions ever changing. The ability to jump into uncharted waters and manage multiple projects with changing priorities is a must.
As a focused, hard-working and meticulous Business Intelligence Specialist, you will continue to develop functional expertise in data analysis as well as in-depth and expert industry insight and knowledge providing the key insights and findings to improve how we serve our customers.
We are 3PILLAR GLOBAL
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail. Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- Provides actionable insights to decision-makers to influence strategy and performance.
- Analyzes complex business problems using data from internal and external sources
- Directly produces datasets and reports for analysis using databases and reporting tools.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to attribute key business drivers.
- Analyzes and defines metrics that tie back to business performance and initiatives.
- Creates specifications and generates reports and analysis supporting to business needs.
- Will be a proponent of test/learn culture by enabling and supporting experimentation.
- Uses data to generates forecasts, recommendations, and strategic/tactical plans to drive actions.
- May provide consultation and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Supply Chain or related field.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role.
- Experience with SQL, data visualization tools like Tableau, data warehousing, statistical analysis tools, and MS Excel.
- Experience extracting and processing data using SQL is a must have.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and/or big data.
- Experience with Big Data/Analytics platforms/languages like Hive, Python, R a big plus.
- Experience using test/control methodology is required, and using machine learning techniques is a nice to have.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills across engineers, product, design, leadership and other analysts.
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities are critical to success in this position.
- Beach House.
- “Aseisthmus”(after 3 months you can be part of the “Asociación Solidarista”).
- Certifications( Microsoft .NET , Java, Scrum).
- Agreements with Costa Rican Universities.
- Day off (Maternity and paternity leave, Bereavement, Graduation, Marriage).
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Isthmus Learning (courses, certifications, Tech training).
- Wellness Program (Medical service, Psychologist, gymnastics agreements, outdoor activities, financial talks and Soft Skills development).
- Isthmus Green (volunteer activities: beach cleaning, river cleaning, tree planting, recycling program).
- Isthmus Applause (recognitions per outstanding performance, anniversary, peer to peer).