Site Reliability Manager (DevOps)
Washington, DC Metro /
United States – Product Development /
3Pillar Global is looking for a Site Reliability Manager . We are a company that leverages the best of new and emerging technologies to create revenue generating software products for its clients. We are a leading company in the Product Development Services (PDS) space, exhibiting an astute focus on delivering innovative outcomes for our clients. A rewarding career at 3Pillar Global beckons you!
About 3Pillar:3Pillar Global builds innovative, revenue-generating software products, enabling businesses to quickly turn ideas into value. 3Pillar balances business-minded thinking with engineering expertise in disruptive technologies, such as mobile, cloud, and big data, to develop products that meet real business needs. To date, 3Pillar’s products have driven over $1 billion in revenue for industry leaders like CARFAX, PBS, and numerous others. Over the course of a decade spent helping clients build industry-leading software products, 3Pillar clients have been acquired for more than $7 billion combined. For more information on the company, please visit http://www.3PillarGlobal.com. For job opportunities, please visit http://careers.3PillarGlobal.com.
How we work as Product Development Partner:3Pillar Global partners with its clients to build innovative software products and seamless customer experiences that propel their business forward. At 3Pillar, we design and engineer products with a purpose. We classify the business needs of our clients as supreme. In fact, we won’t build anything that our clients won’t need. We believe that knowing what not to build is as important as what you choose to build. We like to call that Purposeful Engineering. Our Adaptive PLM methodology enables us to work with clients at any stage of their software development process. Our business-minded approach to Agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest concept stages through to market launch.
- Understanding and experience with Cloud infrastructure services such as: Computes, Load Balancers, Virtual Networks, Firewalls, API management tools, Serverless functions, DNS, Cloud Storage, Databases, Logging, Notifications and Monitoring, Identity and Access Management, Resources Management, Operational and Risk auditing
- Experience of a scripting language, preferably either Bash or Python.
- Containerization with ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience on IaaC using Cloud Formation or Terraform
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, Cloudwatch , ELK , APM monitoring etc )
- Experience with CI/CD tools ( at least 2 out of Code pipeline, Github actions, Jenkins or any SAAS based)
- Strong knowledge and expertise in DevOps solution delivery and strategy
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to mentor interns and support peers
- Passion to keep up-to-date with the latest happenings in core technology
- Experience with configuring HTTP servers/services (IIS / Apache / API Gateway, etc
- 4+ years of experience and in-depth knowledge of AWS cloud and its services
- 4+ years of Linux system administration
Roles & Responsibilities
- Good at requirement analysis, coding, design, implementation, testing, problem analysis and resolution, and technical documentation.
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in architecture and determine simpler and optimal programming solutions
- Experience on exception handling, correct usage of data structures, multi-threaded programming, memory management and application tuning
- Strong ability to creatively define load tests, troubleshoot performance and build scalable solutions
- Understands technical requirements and how they relate and familiarity in general performance practices like caching, query optimization, memory utilization and clean-up etc.
- Optimizes delivery, meet deadlines, and deliver results,
- Demonstrates unexpected value to their client,
- Understands complimentary product development capabilities and the interactions between disciplines,
- Participates in holistic discussions about the broader product development lifecycle,
- Watches for triggering events, including changes within the organization or outside world that provide opportunities or create risks for 3Pillar,Develops strong relationships with client personnel working directly on the account
- Should have familiarity in agile methodology and should be proficient in participating in the standup and handling tasks workflow
3Pillar Benefits, What We Offer:
- Employer funded medical plan for employees and their dependents.
- Employer funded dental plan for employees and their dependents.
- 401K retirement savings plan with 100% match of the first 3% of employee contributions and 50% of the next 2%.
- Company paid disability and life insurance and the option to purchase additional coverage for yourself and family.
- Unlimited PTO Policy
- 12 Company paid Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave
- Global Health and Wellness Program
- Remote work
3Pillar is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.