Java Technical Lead
Canada – Product Development /
We are Jonah Group, a 3PILLAR GLOBAL Company
We build breakthrough software products that power digital businesses. We are an innovative product development partner whose solutions drive rapid revenue, market share, and customer growth for industry leaders in Software and SaaS, Media and Publishing, Information Services, and Retail.
Our key differentiator is our Product Mindset. Our development teams focus on building for outcomes and all of our team members around the globe are trained on the Product Mindset’s core values – Minimize Time to Value, Solve For Need, and Excel at Change. Our teams apply this mindset to build digital products that are customer-facing and revenue-generating. Our business-minded approach to agile development ensures that we align to client goals from the earliest conceptual stages through market launch and beyond.
- Help to design and develop professional solutions in the healthcare insurance space for a range of projects in the claims processing space.
- Lead project teams in the building of new systems and enhancement of existing applications.
- Provide oversight on the architecture and design of components and features, as well as participating in their implementation
- Ensure project deliverables are completed according to the project timeline
- Adhere to the respective IT organization's policies and procedures
- Demonstrate effective mentorship and hands-on technical leadership to team members - mentor and guide junior developers
- Ensure all code has appropriate unit and integration test coverage
- Perform code reviews for the team and establish good coding practices
- Create detailed design documents for new functionalities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with a thorough understanding of CS fundamentals and theory relevant to application development
- Hands-on experience integrating with Facets or other claim processing solutions
- Hands-on experience integrating with Macess or other BPM solutions
- Hands-on experience with client-server architecture as well as Object-Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns
- Prior experience designing and implementing multi-threaded and multi-process large scale systems
- Strong knowledge of all tiers used in modern architecture (front-end, mid-tier, RESTful web services, messaging, data tier)
- 8+ years of experience in software development using Java enterprise technologies
- 4+ years experience with Spring, Spring Boot, JMS, REST/SOAP Web Services, Java Application Servers
- Working knowledge with a modern front-end framework, such as ReactJS or Angular
- Experience with databases and implementing (PL/SQL) scripts and stored procedures - Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL experience is considered an asset
- Technical team leadership skills, including the ability to assume responsibility for delivering the project, and to keep a small team of developers engaged
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- You are professional and fun to work with
- You write clean code
- You are collaborative
- You are able to adapt to diverse client environments
- You are empathetic to customer needs
- You have a track record of great teamwork
- You are able to work well independently
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Isthmus Learning (courses, certifications, Tech training).
- Wellness Program (Medical service, Psychologist, gymnastics agreements, outdoor activities, financial talks and Soft Skills development).
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you'll look forward
- Free food and beverages during events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)