Senior Data Engineer
Canada – Product Development /
We are Jonah Group, a 3PILLAR GLOBAL Company
Jonah has produced high quality commercial systems for the banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance and pension plan industries (to name a few). We design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. Working alongside our team of software specialists, you’ll have the opportunity to develop applications that are dynamic, scalable, and technically complex.
- Work with a scrum team(s) to deliver product stories according to priorities set by the client and the Product Owners with a focus on building infrastructure
- Interact with stakeholders and support our partners in leveraging our pipelines
- Provide knowledge transfer to other team members
- At least 7 years of experience in development, mentoring other developers (as and when required) of various skill levels.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies and concepts; Data Lakes, Spark, Glue, Data Vault 2.0, RedShift, SageMaker, QuickSight, DMS
- Experience building Infrastructure as a code.
- Experience in any of the main object-oriented programming languages, c/c++, c#, java, typescript, rust etc.
- Self-starter, ability to work with little direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinker with natural intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, or within a team environment.
- Team Building.
- End of the year party.
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you'll look forward
- Free food and beverages during events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)