Chief of Staff (Singapore)
Thematic - 500 Southeast Asia /
Regular Full-Time (SG)
We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth.
We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies, including 49 companies valued at USD1B+ and 150+ companies valued at more than USD100 million.
500 Global’s Southeast Asia family of funds have backed over 270+ companies, including USD1B+ companies Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, and FinAccel. This is just the beginning – we are actively growing to serve more founders, as well as connect startups with capital, expertise, and global networks to help them succeed.
Read more about the backstory of the team, the culture and why we are hiring: https://sea.500.co/careers
About the Role
Join our dynamic team as the right-hand to our Managing Partner! As our Chief of Staff, you will play a crucial role in driving the success of our business in Southeast Asia. You'll work alongside our Managing Partner here in Singapore to provide strategic and operational support, taking on exciting challenges and contributing to the growth of our portfolio companies.
You'll be responsible for managing critical projects, driving key initiatives, and ensuring the smooth operation of our firm. You'll have the opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization, developing innovative solutions and building lasting relationships.
If you like fast-paced, high impact, and lots of variety, be ready toJoin us as we continue to make waves in the world of venture capital, and help shape the future of Southeast Asia's startup ecosystem.
- Provide strategic and management support to the Managing Partner in making effective decisions and overseeing projects and initiatives of the firm
- Act as a chief advisor and right-hand person to the Managing Partner, providing strategic guidance and support to help achieve the company's goals.
- Develop and implement short-term and long-term strategic plans and operational processes, tools, playbooks, solutions and programs to ensure that all departments are aligned with the company's overall vision and goals.
- Research the feasibility of new ideas considered by the Managing Partner
- Coordinate and project manage the execution of assigned strategic initiatives, with specific responsibility for cross-functional delivery of key projects, ensuring smooth collaboration across multiple geographies and teams, tracking performance and successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Manage relationships and communication between the Managing Partner with team members, clients, investors, community members and other stakeholders.
- Organize and gather information from various departments and meetings on assigned strategic priorities and report that information, along with recommendations, to the Managing Partner.
- Research and prepare presentation decks, financial models, research and other materials on strategic priorities or investor relations matters for meetings and events, draft event briefings and talking points, and support preparation for internal and external events on behalf of the Managing Partner.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Managing Partner
- Superior analytical and project management capabilities. Proven ability in prioritizing workflows, working independently within tight deadlines, and collaborating across teams with limited supervision.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects across a wide variety of functional business problems.
- Strong background in business strategy, leadership, and a deep understanding of the company's operations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a clear communicator across written and verbal communication; able to influence and collaborate with stakeholders across functions at all levels of experience.
- Creative and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments. Comfortable with ambiguity and identifying what may be needed to define clarity.
- Discreet and trustworthy in handling sensitive commercial information and conducting discussions accordingly.
- Has 5 years or more work experience as a Chief of Staff in an international organization, OR work experience in either a top-tier strategy consulting firm or in-house strategy team, a high growth technology startup or venture capital firm, or a top-tier legal firm.
Health Care Plan (Medical & Dental), Group Term Life, Wellness Allowance, Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays), Training & Development
500 Global does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
500 Global collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a European Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details. If you are a California Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.