We create custom videos for the internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is clear. We collaborate with brands to rid the world of cheesy videos.
If you want to be a big part of a growing business, if you want a team environment to collaborate on creative ideas, if you want to take the next step in your career–come talk to us.
You're a post-production professional who's looking to edit videos alongside a multi-skilled team of filmmakers, shooters, and other editors. You've edited a diverse portfolio of videos that educate, inspire, and spark action. You have a firm grasp of story construction, seamlessly pairing interviews or scripted voiceover with b-roll, music, stock footage, sound effects, or motion graphics.
But you're not just developing narrative arcs. You've developed a muscle memory for navigating complex workflows in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, creating projects that are well-organized and easily understood by other editors. You have a firm grasp on media management, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, proxy editing, color grading, audio finishing, and multicam sequences. You've been through your fair share of Premiere meltdowns, and know how to prepare for – and recover from – the inevitable technical challenges of Adobe's next "update." Most importantly, you're precise, curious, and relentlessly upbeat amid a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio of recent and relevant videos. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Direct links to Google Drive or Dropbox also will not be considered.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet the 522 team and understand the mission and core values that drive us.
- Review our portfolio of work and the process we use to create successful video campaigns.
- Ingest footage into our media management system.
- Develop client-ready rough, fine, and final cuts in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Research and implement stock music, footage, sound effects, images, and icons.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop, quality control, and deliver final files for client projects.
- Provide constructive feedback to other video editors during the internal review process.
- Create motion graphics in After Effects including lower thirds, logo bumps, and other dynamic text.
- Archive a completed project for long-term storage.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Consistently edit videos within deadline and budget constraints.
- Conduct in-person edit sessions with a 522 client.
- Collaborate with creative directors to develop concepts, scripts, or other pre-production materials.
- Edit videos for 522's internal branding and marketing efforts.
- Share editing best practices with full-time and freelance staff.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Work with an agency client to develop and deliver a multi-deliverable marketing campaign.
- Join 522 production crews on set as an on-site editor or DIT.
- Participate in interviewing new members of the 522 team.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.