Alexandria, VA /
Production Operations /
Who We Are
We’re 522, and we’re on a mission to rid the world of cheesy videos. Behind every pixel we create exists an incredibly talented, highly motivated team relentlessly committed to producing incredible video content that elevates our clients’ brand.
Are you an organizational whiz, lover of data, master of planning, cultivator of relationships and a creative management guru? If so, let’s chat.
We’re searching for an experienced Operations Manager to oversee our production and post-production operations. This means you work closely across project and creative teams, to ensure efficiency while coordinating the right production and post-production support for all of our video initiatives. It means that you work with them with one eye constantly towards the future, as you work together to align desired project outcomes with resources needed to deliver projects on time or ahead of schedule.
Ideally you come from an agency background with a solid understanding of the creative process, capacity planning and the client/agency relationship. Why? Because you will be responsible for recruiting, managing and facilitating schedules for an exceptional group of highly skilled production and post-production positions.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of the digital media world, with an ability to multitask, stay focused on project and staffing requirements, and manage the expectations of various internal and external stakeholders. The position will be responsible for the overall management of our creative studio's day-to-day operations, budgeting, resource coordination and team schedule management. On that note, it would definitely be a bonus if you have experience working with remote teams across the US and around the globe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, scheduling, assigning and facilitating creative production requests for the organization - all to ensure we have the right people on the right projects to continue to create meaningful, creative, efficient and productive content for our clients.
Here are some of the characteristics that describe you:
- Detailed: A detail-oriented, organized, positive team player who is responsible for tracking and managing the logistics of creative efforts across many team members and channels
- Perspective: The ability to understand cross-departmental impacts for capacity and planning while balancing quality.
- Insightful: The ability to identify and mitigate risks in relation to creative planning needs as well as monitoring assigned resources
- Aware: You have a general understanding of each team member’s strengths and assign work accordingly while always striving for improvement.
- Composed: You stay calm and collect while keeping a level head under pressure. You have excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills to work collaboratively across multiple teams and with a variety of personalities and work styles
- Confident and humble: You are comfortable making judgment calls as necessary, knowing when to consult colleagues and management.
- Fiscally Responsible: Ability to consider budgets across projects when planning staffing requirements
- Positive: Contribute to a positive and productive working environment by exemplifying the 522 Productions core values within and outside the business.
- Adaptable: Ability to respond quickly to a shifting reality and adjust initiatives and priorities accordingly.
- Develop and manage internal production & post-production team schedules
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to improve processes and communication
- Maintain proficiency in necessary tools and/or project management platforms needed for effective communication through the organization.
- Ensure and encourage processes and policies are followed by all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle to maintain and control quality.
- Proactively manage priorities, raise risks, and offer productive solutions.
- Provide estimations of workload for each creative team member. Assign and shift projects as needed, on a daily basis, to ensure that deadlines are met utilizing the correct creative resource.
- Forecast and plan for resource needs based on forecasted and current video projectsLead recruiting and effectively manage a pool of industry-expert partners/vendorsOversee project assignment and team communication and reporting, using internal project management platforms.
- Establish and maintain best production practices.
- Provide support to the creative and client service teams making sure they have what they need to do their job, and push back on requests when needed.
- Partner with project managers and producers on the client and agency teams to ensure that proposed project timelines reflect the correct creative time needed.
- Partner with Sales and Leadership to forecast future client service and creative needs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, Design or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a large/enterprise corporate setting, preferably digital or creative/design agency.
- 3 - 5 years creative production or operations experience.
- Analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisionsExperience working with enterprise/project management software tools, similar to preferably Accelo, Trello, Asana, Salesforce, or Airtable preferred.
- Proven success in managing multiple programs concurrently
- High energy, strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong creative operations and production background desired, but not required.
- Ambition to shape the future of a fast-growing video agency.
- Ability to manage multiple efforts of various scopes with differing and converging timelines.
- Excellent communication skills that provide clear direction and enable collaboration between teams.
But even better, you have:
- Background in film, video, photography, and or creative/branding.
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership and understanding and valuing cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, perpetually changing environment, while maintaining a calm and positive attitude.
- Drive to make change for good and above all, a hunger to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us? Wonderful! Then let's talk.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
If you want to be a big part of a growing business, if you want a team environment to collaborate on creative ideas, if you want to take the next step in your career–come talk to us.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.