Production Sound Mixer (Freelance)
Alexandria, VA /
Video Production (Freelance) /
We create custom videos for the internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is clear. We collaborate with brands to rid the world of cheesy videos.
If you want to be a big part of a growing business, if you want a team environment to collaborate on creative ideas, if you want to take the next step in your career–come talk to us.
You're an audio professional who's contributed to a high-quality portfolio of documentary or marketing videos. You're comfortable mixing multiple audio feeds simultaneously and working in uncontrolled environments including bustling office spaces, busy sidewalks, or chaotic conference settings. You own a basic kit including a mixer, boom, headphones, external data storage, cables, and perhaps a few wireless microphones. You know how to spot and solve problems before they become a big deal. Most importantly, you understand how to work quickly on set, provide excellent customer service, and remain relentlessly positive in chaotic situations.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio of recent and relevant video work. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Direct links to Google Drive or Dropbox also will not be considered.
With 522, you will:
- Work with production crews large and small to capture audio during interviews, b-roll, and narrative scenes.
- Consult with the director ahead of the production to understand the creative approach, client objectives, and potential production risks.
- Set lavalier microphones, operate booms, mix audio signals in real time, and record redundant external backups.
- Protect integrity of captured audio through consistent labeling and backup procedures in consultation with the director.
- React proactively and professionally to inevitable changes in production schedule and unforeseen obstacles.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with the rest of the 522 team, both on-set and between gigs.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.