Video Editor (Freelance)
Creative & Video Production
We create custom corporate videos for the Internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the Internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is simple: to rid the world of cheesy corporate videos. It’s a tall task, and our work is far from done.
You're a digital creative who specializes in editing videos in Adobe Premiere. Whether you're cutting a 30 second narrative commercial or a 12 minute branded documentary, you use subtle tweaks to pace and tone to keep viewers engaged and drive them to take action. You know that effective editors keep things tidy, and you hold a grudge when you see offline media is sitting in someone else's downloads folder. Multicam sequences, the lumetri panel, captioning tools, and After Effects precomps don't send you into a tizzy. Most importantly, you're an effective and upbeat collaborator across multiple rounds of revisions with 522 and our clients.
With 522, you will:
- Work directly with our creative directors and project managers in our Alexandria, VA office.
- Edit videos in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Take projects from raw footage to completion with minimal hand-holding.
- Implement feedback from 522 and our clients during in-person workshops and through written notes.
- Navigate 522's stock music, video, and photo libraries to select assets that meet concept and brand requirements.
- Proof all video deliverables twice for good measure and maintain impeccably-organized project files.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.