We create custom videos for the internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is clear. We collaborate with brands to rid the world of cheesy videos.
If you want to be a big part of a growing business, if you want a team environment to collaborate on creative ideas, if you want to take the next step in your career–come talk to us.
You're starting out in your video production career and have an interest in gear and post production. You're extremely organized, and understand that video production requires diligent attention to detail. You're looking for an entry level position with a video production agency with the intention of learning more about the craft in a professional environment.
About The Position
The Production Coordinator is a member of 522’s Production Team. They work with the Creative Department to maintain an organized inventory of shoot equipment and join crews as a production assistant, grip, or camera operator. They also work with our Lead Editor to manage digital media and complete editing tasks in Adobe Premiere. Production Coordinators assist with a variety of other pre-production and operations tasks as they prepare to move into more advanced roles within 522 Productions.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio of recent and relevant videos. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Direct links to Google Drive or Dropbox also will not be considered.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet the 522 team and understand the mission and core values that drive us.
- Review our portfolio of work and the process we use to create successful video campaigns.
- Scout production locations.
- Develop an understanding of our current equipment inventory.
- Work with a 522 creative associate to develop an equipment load-out to meet creative and technical shoot requirements.
- Inspect internal and rental shoot gear before and after each shoot.
- Serve as a production assistant, grip, or camera operator on a shoot.
- Manage redundant digital media backups on set and after the shoot.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Forecast equipment repairs and new gear acquisition.
- Travel domestically or internationally for shoots.
- Develop client-ready rough, fine, and final cuts in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Provide constructive feedback to other video editors during the internal review process.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work with the Creative team to develop concepts, scripts, and other production documents.
- Develop, quality control, and deliver final files for client projects.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Participate in interviewing new members of the 522 team.
- Prevent a shoot from going completely off the rails through pure grit and creative genius.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.