Creative Director, Video
We create custom videos for the internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is clear. We collaborate with brands to rid the world of cheesy videos.
If you want to be a big part of a growing business, if you want a team environment to collaborate on creative ideas, if you want to take the next step in your career–come talk to us.
You're a filmmaker, shooter, and editor who's ready to lead a skilled creative team to create amazing video content. You've curated a diverse portfolio of videos that educate, inspire, and spark action. You’re excited to work across industries, guiding brands through the creative process and developing concepts to fit their unique needs. You’re ready to leave budgeting and logistics behind, so you can focus on communicating your creative vision and bringing it to life. You're comfortable leading a crew of full-time and freelance team members through production and post, but you still shoot and edit your own work when the opportunity arises. Most importantly, you're organized, precise, curious, and relentlessly upbeat amid a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio of recent and relevant videos. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Direct links to Google Drive or Dropbox also will not be considered.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet the 522 team and understand the mission and core values that drive us.
- Review our portfolio of work and the process we use to create successful video campaigns.
- Join discovery calls to understand client goals and aspirations.
- Learn our gear inventory and rental process.
- Serve as DP, camera operator, gaffer, or audio technician under the direction of another creative director.
- Develop client-ready rough, fine, and final cuts in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Develop concepts, scripts, and other production documents before presenting to clients.
- Direct 522 shoots.
- Provide constructive feedback to other video editors during the internal review process.
- Develop, quality control and deliver final files for client projects.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Consistently develop concepts and client relationships that allow your team to stay well ahead of deadlines and within budgets.
- Audition talent, scout locations, and source props.
- Lead the creation of videos for 522's brand.
- Travel domestically and internationally for shoots.
- Begin a second project with a client who had a great experience with your team the first go-round.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Support a less-experienced member of the creative team, such as an intern or creative associate, as they direct a project.
- Participate in interviewing new members of the 522 team.
- Work closely with our business development team to identify new markets and opportunities for company growth.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.