Director of Photography (Freelance)
Video Production (Freelance)
We create custom corporate videos for the Internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the Internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is simple: to rid the world of cheesy corporate videos. It’s a tall task, and our work is far from done.
You're a cinematographer who's developed high-quality portfolio of documentary or marketing videos. You provide clear, motivated direction to camera operators, ACs, gaffers, grips, PAs, and talent, but you're comfortable operating a camera or lighting an interview unassisted, if needed. You may have a kit of your own, but you're flexible to work with 522's FS7 package and a wide range of rental equipment. Ideally, you're experienced in advanced camera movement systems including Steadicam or Movi. You know how to spot and solve problems before they become a big deal. Most importantly, you understand how to work quickly on set, provide excellent customer service, and remain relentlessly positive in chaotic situations.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio of recent and relevant videos. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
With 522, you will:
- Work with a 522 director to lead crews of 3-10 people to capture interviews, b-roll, and narrative scenes.
- Consult with the director ahead of the production to understand the creative approach, client objectives, crew capabilities, equipment loadout, and potential production risks.
- Operate various cinema camera systems with technical precision.
- Light and dress scenes as needed, directing other crew when available to achieve intended look.
- Capture audio when needed for simple interview setups or b-roll nats.
- Protect integrity of captured footage through consistent labeling and backup procedures in consultation with the director.
- React proactively and professionally to inevitable changes in production schedule and unforeseen obstacles.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with the rest of the 522 team, both on-set and between gigs.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.