Creative Associate, Video
We create custom videos for the internet. Behind every pixel is an incredibly talented, highly motivated team working to turn our collective vision into reality. We’re not waiting for our big break in Hollywood. We’re video producers, project managers, and business developers who live for the challenge of designing incredible video content for the internet. We come to work each day with a few simple goals: to be authentic, capture the truth, and focus on what matters to our audience.
Our mission is clear. We collaborate with brands to rid the world of cheesy videos.
If you want to be a big part of a growing business, if you want a team environment to collaborate on creative ideas, if you want to take the next step in your career–come talk to us.
You're a filmmaker, shooter, and editor and you're eager to improve your skills at a collaborative video agency. You've developed a portfolio of marketing, journalism, or documentary video that showcases a distinct point of view, strong storylines, and commitment to capturing quality visuals and audio. You're ready to join a team of skilled creatives where you can contribute across every phase of the production process–concepts, scripts, props, shooting, editing, color correction, captioning, and delivery. You're a problem solver, a meticulous organizer, and a skilled communicator. Most importantly, you're an empathetic, upbeat, and dependable team member who thrives in a high-pressure environment.
Applications must include a link to a portfolio of recent and relevant videos. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. Direct links to Google Drive or Dropbox also will not be considered.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Meet the 522 team and understand the mission and core values that drive us.
- Observe how our creative directors and project managers communicate with clients across all stages of the production lifecycle.
- Contribute on set as a production assistant.
- Understand how we organize files and projects throughout post-production.
- Assistant edit projects in Adobe Premiere.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Source props, voiceover, on-camera talent, and shoot locations.
- Develop dailies, stringouts, and captions.
- Develop client-ready rough, fine, and final cuts.
- Provide constructive feedback to other video editors during the internal review process.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Communicate directly with clients during discovery and review calls.
- Develop scripts and prepare interview questions.
- Operate a camera on 522 shoots.
- Quality control and deliver final files for client projects.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Direct projects from kickoff to shoot to delivery.
- Travel domestically or internationally for shoots.
- Develop videos for 522's internal marketing team.
- Complete your first rock–a 3 month project to improve how 522 operates.
Bringing the right people onto our team is one of our most important responsibilities. Our interview process, particularly for full-time work, may consist of multiple rounds of phone, video, and in-person interviews. We take our time to make sure the process is done right. We'll do our best to respond to each applicant, but please know that we appreciate your interest even if a position with us isn't an immediate fit.
At 522 Productions, we're made stronger by working with people with a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. We're an equal opportunity employer and we're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any applicant or employee with a disability.