Lab Support Associate
San Francisco, CA /
Our mission is to enable pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring more cell and gene therapies to patients, by dramatically increasing the efficiency of viral vector production and reducing the cost of manufacturing. 64x Bio was founded by world renowned scientists and experts in gene therapy from Harvard and the Wyss Institute. Our rapidly growing and cross disciplinary team consists of creative bioengineers and synthetic biologists working alongside data scientists to create cutting-edge solutions to problems in gene therapy.
The Lab Support Associate will join during a transformative period in 64x Bio’s growth and will help to create the environment, culture, and systems to support the company and its employees through this phase. Based out of our San Francisco headquarters, this role requires balancing multiple priorities and working independently to support the needs of the laboratory and R&D efforts.
- Coordinate service and repairs for lab equipment and facilities.
- Serve as a liaison with building & facilities management.
- Lab equipment onboarding, setup, and maintenance & troubleshooting (including vendor management).
- Operate, test, and calibrate analytical instruments where possible, or arrange for the maintenance and calibration by authorized technicians.
- Plan and implement improvements in systems, processes and procedures to increase efficiency, productivity and quality in the laboratory.
- Manage laboratory and office layout and organization of equipment, chemicals, and supplies.
- Design processes and procedures for efficient procurement and inventory management.
- Process purchase requests and coordinate approvals and purchase order issuance.
- Evaluate and select suppliers; establish and maintain collaborative relationships; negotiate optimal procurement terms.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving for all supplies.
- Maintain stocks and placement of consumable inventory within labs.
- Gas tank installation/ordering/monitoring.
- Prepare glassware for washing and sterilization.
- Support EH&S and safety related activities.
- 3+ years of laboratory support experience.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask/advance many projects simultaneously.
- Passion for implementing processes and workflows to create order, structure, and efficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to reprioritize throughout the day and week as new needs arise in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with a wide array of personalities and work styles.
- Thoughtful and detail oriented.
- Team oriented.